5.0 out of 5 stars I Wish I Could Pass on All This Life Knowledge to my Children, 10 Aug 2010
This review is from: Achieve Anything in Just One Year: Be Inspired Daily to Live Your Dreams and Accomplish Your Goals (Paperback)
This is a book chock full of the sorts of things I would like to know and be able to pass on to others. I'd love to be a life guru like this. Rather than give a life style how-to list, a change you attitude sort of approach, Jason has built a resource library in one book that can either give you a thought and action for the day, or a set of daily tasks and thoughts that could fill a week of focused activity in one topic. Either way you'll be improving and learning.

The whole book is rather like having some wise old guru on hand to ask when you need some guidence. Although it's not too easy to find guidence on exactly what you want (no index and no contents page) it's a sort of pick it up, read a page and act on whatever you read sort of approach. Which for me really works better than constantly thinking - I need to read more of the book before acting - you know the sort of book I mean - you have to read 300 pages before you feel you know enough to start changing anything at all.

Day One is about writing down your dream life. Just done that (after having had the book for a month and just dipping in) and you know what - I don't think I've ever seen so clearly what I wnat to work towards and what I need to focus on, for quite a while. Try it now - write down the ten big things you want to achieve in the next ten years. Mine included a 35k car, straighten out the house so it looks great, earn twice as much and spend it on trips to Tennessee and the Med. Pass some exams I want, clear out my business focus so I deal with only people I like, and become a much better friend. Improve my golf handicap to 7 from 17, lose 20 lbs and get to be a fit 63 yr old. Do more party and function preformances and less teaching, and keep an action diary - plan and act - to make it all happen.

The next task (Day Two) is to look at how I'm spending my time right now. And I bet I'm spending a lot of it on activities that don't deliver the dream-list above. Planning, plotting, action, and change needed I suspect.

So in summary - a very practical, action orientated, book that doesn't take long to read - after all, you should be doing a page a day and taking action - and as far as I can see, it can only have good outcomes. Who wouldn't want a method of focusing on what they really want out of life; that's organised into 365 pages of thought and action? No fast fixes, or sudden changes in attitude - but you know what - I think this method will work better than the instant fix method. Not a cheap book - but you'll be using it for years, so over five years (by which time you'll need another to replace your tatty copy) it will cost you 1p a day. (Ha-ha. OK. OK. I used to be in sales - but that doesn't mean that isn't true does it? No, I don't know the author either!)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Sep 2012 13:58:08 BDT
Great review. As a fit 69 year old Brit, I could still use the benefits which would seem to be afforded by reading this book.

Posted on 23 Sep 2012 20:59:33 BDT
Yes, the aspect of a collation - a resource library as you say - of so many helpful points is a very strong point about the book. The publication though does cry out for an index by topic. Even if the book is worked through chronologically, it is still good to be able to look up certain topics later. Let us know next year how your journey has been!

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 12:11:15 GMT
very detailed and helpful review, really helps me assess whether to buy the book - thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2012 17:05:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Nov 2012 17:07:59 GMT
Just a few things that I would add to Chris's great review is that here is probably too much work given each day for busy people so the reader might well need to take more time. Also the book cover looks like a puzzle book which might be distressing for people with dyslexia or eyesight problems and doesn't portray the type of book properly or excellence of the author. I also liked the fact that the book is wonderfully jargon free and has a friendly tone.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›