5.0 out of 5 stars Anybody got a time machine??????, 16 April 2012
This review is from: Children of the Stones: The Complete Series [DVD] (DVD)
Yes before X Factor and all the other rubbish we have today came Children of the Stones. As if this series was not amazing enough it was made better by the fact many parents disapproved of their kids watching this stuff much like they did with the fantastic Ace of Wands. I thought there was another kidult programme in the 70s about stone circles as well as Children of the Stones as I seem to remember one where the stones moved or was I just eating to much food colouring!

Children of the Stones was great and everytime I watch the dvd I am sad when it gets to the last episode as I want it to go on forever and transport me back to what I see as better times and you could get GREEN Angel Delight - anybody remember that??????? There was everything to look forward maybe get a flat with my best friend just like the Liverbirds. Now theres just the dvds, the failed marriage and my 50th birthday fast approaching so if you know where to buy a time machine with at least 6 months tax on it let me know.

Happy Days

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 May 2012 09:19:49 BDT
Road Dog says:
The other series with the moving stones you are thinking of is probably Escape into Night, which is also available from Network DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 May 2012 19:35:46 BDT
Thank you, thank you, thank you soooooo much! The title rang a vague bell in my head but when I read about stones with one eye I nearly did handstands round the room but at my age that is probably not a good idea!!!! Thanks again just ordered a copy Wow stones that move and have an eye, I thought I was just losing the plot but it did happen they were real! x

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2012 01:52:46 BDT
Road Dog says:
Well that was the reaction we were hoping for!!

So much of what you said in your original review resonated with me. Just goes to show how we are all part of something larger than ourselves and that other people have shared our stuff.

I only found Escape into Night a couple of years ago having happened across a DVD of the film version that was made more recently, called Paperhouse. Although I was extremely pleased that the movie helped me to track down the original series, it was doomed never to raise the hairs on the back of my neck quite so thoroughly as when I was watching the TV 40 years ago! Those moving stones haunted me terribly at the time. along with the Thriller series on Saturday night ITV, especially the episode, Someone At The Top of the Stairs.

Ace of Wands was fab, but I have so far denied myself the urge to get that on Amazon as I don't want to spoil the memories, which I fancy might happen viewing it at this distance.

And maybe marriages don't really fail, but just come to an end in different ways than the one we had in mind on The Big Day?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2012 23:50:39 BDT
Wow thats deep, that bit at the end!!!! Trust me marriages do fail or am I just bitter? Maybe they do just come to an end, (Hooray in my case), but I think there are great healing properties in nostalgia, a time before marriage and the responsibility of adulthood. My parents used to get nostalgic and you would think how you would never get that way but we do don't we. Anyway back to the TV - get Ace of Wands go on spoil yourself. When I watched it the first time it took me ages to get into it as it was not how I remembered it and I was a little concerned at how much money I had just parted with for it but it did not take long for me to fall in love with it all over again.

Stones with one eye - still cannot believe I will be reunited with them shortly. Funny I still love stone circles so maybe this had a lasting effect or maybe this is part of something bigger than us and my brain has been taken over by stones and.......................... Hey do you remember the kids series The Changes? The one where people turned against machines? Seems almost prophetic now given the way that computers and games consoles and MP3 players etc had infiltrated the minds of this generation for the worst I think.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2012 09:46:00 BDT
M. Jones says:
LOve your review :-) Having just turned 50 myself I can totally relate - (got remarried last year) so life for us slightly older people can surely go on in interesting and unexpected ways... Talking of which - if you're enjoying a bit of 70's telly, have a look at Timeslip - another creepy, prophetic slice of nostalgia, perhaps improved by the fact that for most of the series only a black and white telecine transfer remains.

Posted on 4 Oct 2012 19:29:00 BDT
Feel exactly the same, you want it to go on forever.

Green Angel Delight...there's a memory.

Posted on 19 Oct 2013 14:09:14 BDT
I remember watching a programme around about the 1970s, and I'm not sure if it was this one- I can remember a stone circle, and caves, and a drummer boy who appeared out of this cave at times. If it isn't this one, can anyone else remember it? I loved it and would love to know if it's available on dvd. Cheers!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (42 customer reviews)

14.99 7.25