3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't quite meet my expectations!, 30 Sep 2012
This review is from: Samsung CLP-365 Colour Laser Printer (Accessory)
Similar to others, I wanted an alternative option to expensive inkjet printing - to be able to print laser colour; to print wirelessly and to be able to print home-made cards on cardstock. Whilst it does print well, it is an expensive purchase and I expected the set up and print to be flawless. Here's what I have experienced:

1) The product comes with a continental two-pin plug (so unless you have an adaptor to hand you may not be able to set up straight away).

2) Setting up the wireless connection was difficult and annoying - I had to seek help and fiddle around with some settings before it would work. So it's not just a simple case of plugging in, connecting and putting in the set up CD rom. Now it is set up it is so convenient - I never have to plug in a USB connection to print again!

3) Be warned that the 'small footprint' and ergonomic design is not completely true! In all the product descriptions and photos, yes it looks sleek in ice grey and ebony brown. HOWEVER after you've set up the printer, you will discover that the print tray is not flush with the rest of the machine. It sticks out by a good 8cm. (This is one of the reasons I did not purchase the Samsung CLP-325 because that is clearly shown in the product images as having a protruding paper tray). You will also find that because the machine is compact, there is no manual feed tray.

4) The printer does not print on cardstock successfully. It currently causes a paper jam for heavier cardstock. I am fairly annoyed because the product description does say the printer will print on cardstock (one of the main reasons for purchasing this item) and as I have discovered there is no manual feed option to fall back on. (I almost sent the printer back because of this one issue). Printing on regular paper and labels seem fine though.

For regular printing it does print well but so far hasn't met my expectations because I had a specific use in mind. I can see for a small office/ home use it is a great product. Wireless printing is genius. However, I wish I spent a bit more time researching this product. This printer is a relatively new product on the market and there aren't that many reviews available. For further reviews try searching the US amazon.com site.

I hope I get the cardstock situation fixed and I look forward to trying the mobile printing app.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Oct 2012 21:05:16 BDT
To pyc,

My thoughts exactly. I too bought this for cheaper printing, then I came to the same issue of card stock. Just a no go with me. Then came the protruding tray. I nearly broke the thing when I tried to push flush. I go more by the pictures on the box as. Instructions not clear. Just wish that I had come across your feed back before I made purchase.

Posted on 24 Oct 2012 21:08:11 BDT
How do you set this up as wireless because by the pictures on the box I can but it does not have the (W) after the number of my model?

Posted on 29 Oct 2012 19:25:32 GMT
As you bought it with a specific task in mind, that being stated as one of its properties - return it immediately as 'not fit for purpose' and claim a full refund.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2012 20:09:59 GMT
Many thanks for your advice. Very much appreciated.

Posted on 17 Nov 2012 23:20:36 GMT
DLL122 says:
I was just about to purchase this when I discovered the dell 1250c which I now have and I am thrilled! Its much faster than this particular model in terms of colour printing. The image and text quality is amazing and I bought it for 55 on ebuyer. I have printed on card and it seems to handle it fine although it probably wont do very thick card. The toner cartridges don't have the drum built in which makes compatible cartridges really cheap - 30 for the whole set for compatible cartridges and they do 1400 pages for the colour and 2000 pages for black! The drum is designed to last the lifetime of the 1250c and with samsungs clp-365 you'll probably have to change them at some which is extremely expensive. I would return this and go for the 1250c by dell.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012 00:22:49 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2013 09:26:05 GMT
Dan

Where do you get 1250c compatible cartridges for 30 quid. I liked the 1250c so much I bought two! I should have bought a couple more but they discontinued it before I realised what a bargain it was at 56.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2013 15:17:28 GMT
DLL122 says:
Hi,
I looked on ebay. Simply type Dell 1250c toner and it comes up with quite a few sets of all 4 cartridges. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DELL-1250-1250C-1350-1350CNW-1355CN-1355CNW-1355-LASER-TONER-SET-4-MULTIPACK-/170859871816?pt=UK_Computing_Toner_Cartridges&hash=item27c80abe48

The link above takes you to some that I have purchased and they work very well.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2013 17:10:31 GMT
Thanks Dan that looks like an excellent buy. I find the 1250c also unbelievably good for printing photos on plain paper. Not for anything you'd enter into a competition but for snaps: excellent, unbelievably excellent.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.4 out of 5 stars (19 customer reviews)

119.99 99.99