5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
An excellent chair, but why the "Yoga-inspired" gimmicky footrest?!,
This review is from: Topstar YO190W77XE# Sitness 110 Yoga Based Futuristic Fitness Swivel Chair - Purple (Office Product)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Don't get me wrong - I really, really like this chair. It's well designed, looks cool, is highly adjustable and well built, and most importantly it's very comfortable. I just don't get the "Yoga-inspired" adjustable footrest, which can be extended so you can adopt a Yoga style sitting position. The design is really clever and it's very quick to extend the footrest, but I personally wouldn't choose to sit cross-legged for extended periods whilst using a computer. I can barely fit my legs under the desk with my legs crossed! You shouldn't necessarily let that put you off, since this is a really comfortable conventional office chair with the footrest folded up and out of sight.
I won't bore you by listing all the features, as Amazon has already done that, but here are the main points for me:
- I really like the curved shape of the backrest, which offers excellent lumbar support.
- The 3-dimensional tilt feature of the seat base is unique (as far as I know) and actually works really well once you get used to it, as the chair tilts to your desired position and prevents you from staying totally still for extended periods.
- The amount of padding is just right - firm but supportive.
- The "permanent-contact-mechanism" is a nice idea, but the tension is not adjustable and the default setting is just too light for me and doesn't quite provide enough support.
- The headrest seems pointless, as no matter how I adjust it my head never actually makes contact with it!
- The chair's really quite heavy. This is due to the top quality materials, which is no bad thing, but be aware of the weight when assembling and moving this chair around, as it might be quite awkward for some people to manage.
As a high-end office chair, this is a fantastic product. However, the elevated price is likely due to the Yoga-inspired special feature, and I didn't find the special footrest added much value for me, other than being cool and unusual. On balance, I have to knock a star off for that, given it's supposed to be the main selling point of this chair. However, if you're looking for a chair that offers the maximum choice of sitting positions, and particularly if you're a Yogi in training, this would probably be the perfect chair for you! For everyone else, if you're looking for a cool and unusual top quality office chair, and don't mind paying extra for that, this is well worth a look.