1.0 out of 5 stars Ruined., 18 Nov 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
I absolutely hate this game. I've played all the COD series since COD4 and this is easily the worst. I didn't think it could get any worse than MW3 but somehow Treyarch have managed it. Aside from all the connection and lag issues (which are terrible) the game would be awful anyway, even if they are fixed. The maps are abysmally bad, they are so cluttered and complicated it's almost impossible to spot anyone more than 10 feet away unless they are out in the open. This means practically everyone just runs around randomly with an SMG with laser attachment just hip firing all over the place. All the weapons feel like toys, with no skill required to use them. It's impossible to play tactically or outsmart your opponent like you could with the first Black Ops. Most of the time it's down to sheer luck or connection that you're not dying constantly. Even with second chance and campers, the original Black Ops was a far superior and enjoyable experience than this garbage. If you have not played this game yet and thought you were good at the previous CODs, you're in for a shock. If your K/D in the previous Black Ops was around 2.5 like mine, be prepared for it to drop to around 1.2. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it, no matter what 'style' you play, what weapons you use, or how quick your reactions are. Skill and tactical thinking no longer count for anything in the COD series. Complete shambles of a game, I've already put it on eBay. I'll be getting Battlefield 3 with the money, which cannot possibly be worse than this total crud.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Nov 2012 02:37:02 GMT
You will not be disappointed with Battlefield 3. I gave up COD games after Black Ops, their mainly targeted at kids and people who want to run around hip firing 24/7. Let me know how you get on with Battlefield 3!

Posted on 18 Nov 2012 06:56:25 GMT
Eddyy says:
Good move. ALot of us Cod PLayers have moved to BF3 ... Well the old Tactical Players with some brains ;)

Posted on 18 Nov 2012 21:28:21 GMT
T. Connor says:
I was expecting a lot of abuse in reply to this post...
I've not played BOs2 yet, and I don't plan on playing. I totally agree with everything you say. The franchise been going down hill since the first BOs imo. They just seem to add new features and never improve graphics, hit points, tactical aspects... and the levels are just so predictable and so small.
Trust me, Battlefield won't let you down. EVERY aspect is better (except possibly the campaign).

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 19:49:09 GMT
I'mARider says:
I couldn't help but disagree. The trouble is that people are running in complaining about bugs etc after only ONE WEEK of release. As with any game, it's impossible for the publishers/developers to know how it's gonna fare online with 800,000+ players all trying to get in and play. Give it time, give it a chance. BF3 had bugs when it was first released, COD4 had bugs when it was first released. As for the maps, you obviously haven't played enough. Unlike other CoDs the maps have been visibly thought through, with combat zones planned out etc. And, as with any CoD since about MW2, th SMGs do dominate however as we saw with MW3, I expect the power may be altered.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2012 01:52:22 GMT
Mr Maggots says:
It's a very poor game, bugs or no bugs. The problem is with the game design, maps, game mechanics and the mentality of the people that play it. I completely disagree with your statement that's it's impossible for the publishers/developers to know how it's going to fare online. It's not impossible, there have been several large scale call of duty releases before this one. They have literally had years worth of data and knowledge of online multiplayer gaming, so there is absolutely no excuse for what was essentially a broken game in the first few days of PS3 release. Don't tell me I 'obviously haven't played enough' - you no nothing of the amount of time I've played - it's a totally ignorant assumption. Of course all maps are 'visibly' thought through, they don't just throw them together at random. My opinion is that they are incredibly poorly 'thought through' both graphically and in terms of layout. The problem is exactly the 'combat zones'. Everyone just rushes to one point on each map immediately. There's no balance, there's no even spread of combat throughout the maps like there was on Black Ops. I also totally disagree with your 'SMGs have always dominated COD' statement. I've always used ALL weapons as I like to complete the challenges. It was possible to have great high scoring gameplays with SMGs, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Snipers and even the Riot Shield on COD4, MW2 and Black Ops. I've tried all of those (not just for a few minutes) on Black Ops II and the ONLY consistent way of getting a decent score is to run around hip firing an SMG. Everyone always votes for the terrible map 'Hijack' when it comes up which completely backs up my point that this game has just descended into a no skill noob-a-thon. The game has already sold anyway, I'm glad to be rid of it. So, while I respect your different opinions, I completely disagree with all of them.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 20:27:33 GMT
I'mARider says:
I'm not saying that YOU use the SMGs, I'm saying that the noobs do! The game is different, all games change over time. It's just really single-minded to walk into a game thinking you were were going to get Black Ops or even gameplay like Battlefield 3. It's different, and depending on how you play the game and how you view the game, there are different opinions too. I love Hijack! If you understand any map and ensure you have a tactical advantage from the start, it works and you can enjoy it. I said you hadn't played enough of the maps; I didn't mean time-wise, I meant how many times you play the map; walk into a new map and you're not gonna like it, because typically everyone else in the lobby will know the map cos they're all complete hardcore players. I agreed with lots of your statements before I started playing the game properly (ie. 1 hour of playing). I've now clocked 10 hours, and I love the game, it's good ONCE YOU UNDERSTAND IT! And I too respect your opinions etc...

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 22:15:49 GMT
Mr Maggots says:
I had around 17 hours of gameplay before I sold it. I had played all the maps many times - and most game modes. I even played some games against bots in order the learn the maps. My opinion is that the all maps are still terrible, exacerbated by the awful spawns and lag. This made the game an unenjoyable and frustrating experience for me. You're making assumptions about what I expected again. I never said I expected it to be like Black Ops or Battlefield 3 (I've never played Battlefield 3). To call somebody single-minded based upon on an assumption is single-minded within itself. I mentioned Black Ops because in my opinion it's a far superior game, and as it was also made by Treyarch it's a fair comparison. I was expecting this game to at least be enjoyable, however it isn't, not for me. To understand something doesn't mean it makes it good. I understand this game perfectly - I understand all of it's crippling flaws, which is why I've sold it. Somebody said "Black Ops II is like Mario Party with guns" and I think that's an excellent summary of this game. I'm not attempting to convince everyone this is a bad game and saying they should not buy it , but from my perspective it is incredibly poor. Everyone will have a differing opinion - if you enjoy the game then great, have fun playing it. I don't think everyone who disagrees with me is wrong, but it doesn't change the fact I hate the game. Making assumptions about how and what somebody has done in a game to justify why you believe they don't like it is both inaccurate and unfair, it's not based on anything other than a frame of guesswork in your own mind. So, I hate the game, you love the game, it's as simple as that. You have fun with it and I'l have fun with something else.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.7 out of 5 stars (389 customer reviews)

59.99 31.75