1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY TOSHIBA, 29 Jun 2011
This review is from: Toshiba NB520-10R Intel Atom N570, 1GB, 250GB, 10.1", W7 Starter, Harman Kardon speakers, Bluetooth, Blue (discontinued by manufacturer) (Personal Computers)
I bought this product and within two days it had crashed. I returned it to Toshiba for repair because I thought that would be the best course of action. After a week and a trip to Germany it arrived back. There was no confirmation that it was repaired satisfactorily; no apology; no contact at all.
As I took it out of the packaging it was apparent that it had now acquired an annoying rattle. I immediately contacted Toshiba to notify them and to ask for a replacement - I had only had it for two days! Not possible apparently; not part of the guarantee. I was told it would have to be collected and taken away again. When I said that was not convenient as I needed it they suggested I take to Gultronics in London to see if they could fix it; I live near Kettering! Even if I was prepared to do this on one of my occasional trips to London I would be very reluctant to go there. I suggest you Google the company and read the customer comments; the fact that Toshiba is prepared to recommend them speaks volumes for the company's commitment to customer service.
This could probably have been a good netbook but I would advise everyone to purchase it from a good High Street retailer that values its reputation. The least you have to do with Toshiba directly in the event of a problem the better. And the second piece of advice - don't risk it, don't buy Toshiba!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Aug 2011 14:04:03 BDT
Karolina says:
It's seems like it has been damaged during delivery? Did you contact retailer which you got the netbook from instead of Toshiba first? Or Amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2011 17:16:52 BDT
Karolina, yours is the only reply received to date to my post and I thank for taking the time and trouble to do so.
I can assure the product was not damaged during delivery. When Toshiba failed to take any positive interest in the issue nor to demonstrate any genuine desire to rectify the problem, I contacted Amazon from whom I had purchased the product.
Within 15 minutes Amazon emailed me to offer a replacement, together with comprehensive guidelines on the actions to be taken to affect collection, etc. Clearly Amazon have a commitment to customer satisfaction that is woefully lacking at Toshiba. I have, and will continue to, shop with Amazon; it is unlikely that I will ever purchase any product from Toshiba again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›