5.0 out of 5 stars You're Worth It?, 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Philips Sonicare HX6014/26 Pro Results Brush Heads Standard Pack of 4 (Personal Care)
My first thought on these replacement brushes was that they are really expensive.
BUT I have used the Phillips Sonicare Inter Care Brush for about 3 months now and consider it the finest toothbrush I have ever used.
It is simply streets ahead of the competition and the action is wonderful.

The only good side to this is that the brushes actually seem to have lasted much longer than the previous brushes I used with my Oral B range.
The makers do claim that 3 months is the average time. I doubted this but I must admit use is proving them right.

The Oral B revolving heads have been on the market for ages and several really cheap imitations were available. I have tried several and whilst not as good as the Braun 'Official' heads they did the trick well at a fraction of the price.

I suspect that with time manufacturers will come up with similar.
But not yet.

The price may be high but I must admit the heads really are worth it for such a wonderful electric Toothbrush as the Sonicare.

You can actually prolong the life of the heads here are a few tips and pointers that I wrote with my review of the Phillips Sonicare toothbrush.

The real improvements on this brush over the oral B are the choice of actions.
You can select clean, Whiten or gum care.
The brushes really do seem to get between the teeth and gum line and do clear away any plaque lurking there.
I am a great advocate of gum care because I have had real problems in the past with Lichen Planus.
So I use Daily Gum and Tooth Paste.
Corsodyl Daily Gum & Tooth Paste 75ml
The brush action is much quieter that the Oral B and seemed more effective. After just once session my mouth and teeth felt like I had just had a scrape and polish at the Dental Hygienist.
After a few plays I realized I really should have read the instruction manual first. This is because it really does advise how to get the best out of this wonderful piece of kit.

If you press too hard a clever change in hum notifies you to modify your action.

I use the whitener mode in conjunction with a suitable tooth polish kit like Denivit.
Again the results are wonderful
BUT for me the best feature must be the gum action. It is simply very effective at creating healthy gums.

I am not saying the Oral Bs are bad rather this is so much better.

Now a few tips.
1. Only use a pea sized amount of toothpaste.
2. Let the brush do its work rather than try to use it like a manual toothbrush as you switch it on.
3. Just rinse your mouth slightly. (The fluoride in the paste will find its way to your teeth better via the body digesting it.)
4. If you use a baking soda type toothpaste (like the Arm and Hammer brands rinse your brush well because the soda can attack the plastic of the brush.

A down side of the brush is the cost. The heads are also very highly priced. (I was right there when I wrote that)
BUT and this is coming from a guy who try to save a few bob I can honestly say this brush is worth every single penny.
If you think of just how much you would miss your teeth when they have gone then this
Don't you think this would be a decent investment in your health?

You are worth it.

One Hundred percent recommended. '

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Oct 2013 00:37:10 BDT
I think these tooth brush heads are one big con and I am shocked that you have not even picked up on this in your review.
When I first bought these brushes they were around the £10 mark for 3 which didn't seem too bad, but as per usual with large company's they have been putting the price up over the past year as once you have invested in a expensive tooth brush your unlikely to bite the bullet and change and Phillips know this hence the new rip off pricing.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Oct 2013 15:46:56 BDT
Glenn Cook says:
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to make a comment.
I thought I had made this clear by saying
"So you are really left with no option if you have that tooth brush you must use these replacements."
That is a fact pure and simple there is no alternative.
I agree with you they are expensive BUT in my defence I had added they do seem to last longer than others.
A Good and I mean Good toothbrush manual would be close to the £5 mark so they are bad but not all that bad.
I do go on to say that this toothbrush is so streets ahead of the competion that it is worth getting the heads.
Put simply if you can afford the brush in the first place that often means that you can afford to pay for the new heads.
Same with buying a car. I have a modest get me from A to B one.
If I buy car mats I m not bothered that my budget only stretches to non branded ones.
But I have a high end car say a jaguar then I d buy genuine Jaguar car mats.
I have not got champagne tastes with beer money thank goodness.
I would not be able to afford to pay for this brush- it was a trial via the Amazon Vine programme which is very clear at the start of the review.
It is a dam good toothbrush though- If fact the best I have ever used and I really mean that.
I have used these brushes for years generally the Oral B Braun brand.
I always buy the cheapo replacement heads and indeed have reviewed them and recommended them.
After a while I am sure you will find there will be a compatible brand that sells these cheaper. A bit like the replacement refil inks on printers.
My new Cannon took a few months before I could buy refills from suppliers.
That is the world today.
Philips developed the brush- its excellent so you can excuse hem for charging what the market will pay.
Expensive yes BUT I really think the health of my teeth and gums are worth it.

"

Posted on 5 Dec 2013 17:22:04 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Dec 2013 17:22:32 GMT
AnnPan says:
WARNING I agree - these sonicare toothbrushes (which my dentist recommended we get for the whole family) are outstanding. One further comment/warning on your review. You mention about rinsing your brush well after using a baking soda type toothpaste because of erosion of the brush. More to the point my hygienist advised me not to use any even slightly abrasive toothpaste with these brushes because the action of the brush increases the effect of the abrasion and will cause tooth erosion. I already have sensitive teeth because of this and anyone else who has this problem should be especially wary. In fact you don't need an abrasive toothpaste anyway because these toothbrushes get your teeth hygienist-shiny clean.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Dec 2013 20:27:19 GMT
Glenn Cook says:
Cheers AnnPan.
Thanks for that information.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

Glenn Cook
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Location: South Cave, near Hull UK