2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
A worth sucessor to the original,
This review is from: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Limited Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Reasons to buy this game:
- It is like a love letter to the original game: It takes the original's best features and is careful not to go overboard modernising the whole game. They nailed the balance perfectly.
- Excellent stealth play or the option of completely flipping out and taking out everyone you see!
- Which makes it two games in one: I'm currently trying to complete it on the hardest difficulty level without killing a single person, but when I'm done I'll get to play the whole game again rampaging around like a maniac! ;-)
- Your choices really feel like they have an impact and the choices aren't sign-posted ten miles off like they are in other games either!
- It looks absolutely magnificent
- The acting is high quality and you start to really like your character even if he does sound like Clint Eastwood. Or maybe because he sounds like Clint? I like my character now at least while I play as a stealthy, but kindly soul. Maybe when I play as a total lunatic I'll like him a bit less!
- Your character sounds like Clint Eastwood. I've decided - that's a good thing!
- It has a real story! You want to know what happens!
- Augmentation is fun fun fun!
- Finally: We need to support intelligent, beautiful, high-quality games like this. Don't buy it second-hand, buy a new copy (which is also fairly cheap now) and show all developers we want MOAR!
Reasons not to buy this game:
- None! Buy it!
Words of advice:
- To those who have moaned about the hacking parts of the game, there is a simple solution: a) learn how it works duh! It's not rocket science, have some patience! And b) upgrade the hacking stealth aug to at least level 1. It makes a huge difference.
- Even if you go stealthy, keep picking up and upgrading a couple of weapons for the boss sections. You can beat them without nice guns, but it's pretty tricky otherwise!