5.0 out of 5 stars It's superb value for money, and very powerful, 5 Dec 2005
This review is from: easyGen 2 (CD-ROM)
I have now been using easygen for 8 weeks. I started as a complete novice. I had been looking for a program like this for a long time, and did indeed try others that claimed to be as good as easygen and offer similar abilities.
There seems to be some opinions about easygen that differ from the vast majority, it's almost like chalk and cheese and one wonders if they are talking about the same software.
Before I bought easygen I read the independent magazine reviews, and every one of them said this program was fantastic and gave them some top award. So are we to assume these magazines are all wrong? In my experience no, they are spot on, this is an amazing program and so powerful, it really does build anything from a small add on to an existing site. To a fully blown dynamic data centre.
I have just finished building an auction site like ebay, all in easyGen, with no programming skills or database skills. And I KNOW there is not another program on the market that can do that, whatever anyone says.
The only downside to this product is the editor, for design Dreamweaver is much better, but then again Dreamweaver is for web design, easyGen is for creating dynamic web pages with a database.
As for hosting your web site, I had no problem finding a suitable web host, most now offer databases with your hosting.
My Windows version is XP Home and I didn't install Apache or MySQL on my computer and never had any problems using the program. And have built my site just fine.
To conclude, I, as the different professionals who reviewed easygen for the magazines and most other easygen users, love this program, I love it's power, that it's British and it's ease of use but most of all, I love the sense of achievement you get when you use easygen, you feel powerful. It really is the most wonderful software.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]