31 of 32 people found the following review helpful
Fill bowl with boiling water and allow to cool for 30 seconds,
I didn't buy this shield from Amazon, but from a local shop. I am writing a review because the fitting instructions on the pack for this gum shield are wrong. It tells you to bring water to boil, remove from heat then immediately place shield into the water for 12 seconds, then place it straight in your mouth and mould. I did as instructed. On placing the shield in the water it shrank and started to deform and split. It was far too hot on taking it out of the water to put in my mouth and was completely deformed and hard in places. I threw it in the bin.
I bought another one, but this time followed the instructions for fitting that I had from a previous manufacturer's shield, which worked perfectly, and I précis it here.
1. Fill bowl with boiling water and allow to cool for 30 seconds.
2. Place gum shield in water for 40 seconds.
3. Remove from water.
4. Allow shield to cool to comfortable level then place around upper teeth, bite down firmly while sucking strongly and use your fingers to press edges of shield into your teeth and gums. Do this for 30 seconds.
5. Remove shield and cool under cold running water for 1 minute.
6. Replace shield in mouth to test for fit and retention.
If you want to see full instructions go to [...] and look up fitting instructions.
This gum shield is very good and easy to wear, and I would recommend it, but NOT the instructions.