1.0 out of 5 stars Was fine for a while...., 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: SanDisk SDSDQU-032G-U46A MicroSDHC Ultra 32 GB Class 10 UHS-I 30 MB/s with SD Adapter (Label May Change) (Accessory)
Ordered and bought this card in mid-September to use with my (then) brand new Galaxy S3 phone. Item arrived and worked fine with nominal/normal everyday use up until today (Dec. 3rd) and suddenly my phone no longer detects the card. Connecting it to PC via an adapter results in the same problem. For reasons unknown, the card has completely died resulting in the complete loss of all my files. As is my luck, I am out of the Amazon 30-day return period so it's looking like more hard earned money down the drain. I'm sure this is most likely just an isolated incident but I'm extremely disappointed that this has happened and there's no easy way for me to get a replacement or refund. Hope others have better luck than me with this product and I'd seriously advise potential buyers to beware.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Dec 2012 17:56:07 GMT
M. BERNARD says:
Contact sanDisk as I am sure they will replace it under their (lifetime) warranty terms. Call them on 0203-3183-965 or email support@SanDisk.com

From their web site:

"Provide proof of purchase (showing date and place of purchase and name of the reseller) and product name, type and number. You may return the product after first obtaining a Return Material Authorization number and following any other guidelines listed. For further information see www.sandisk.com and select "support"

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2012 18:26:13 GMT
Jimmy D says:
Just had the same thing happen to me... an hour after my sons 1st birthday party. Absolutely fuming, I've lost all the photo's and videos I took of a day that'll never, ever come again. :(

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 11:46:09 GMT
Jimmy James says:
This happened to me as well. The card worked fine for about 6 weeks or so then just suddenly died. It was completely undetectable to the phone. I took it out to try and recover data through my computer but it couldn't detect the card either. Seriously annoyed, I returned the card to Amazon who refunded me a couple of days later. First class service as always! I was thinking of buying a replacement from Sandisk as I heard they hardly ever fail. Reading these comments, however, I'm now a bit wary about this particular card.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2012 13:19:32 GMT
D_arkTrooper says:
Sorry to see that other people have been having the same issue as me. Just out of curiosity (and this is aimed at the two Jimmy's who added comments on here), were you using the Samsung S3 phone when the card failed and did either of you have your phone rooted (i.e jailbroken)?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2012 19:10:14 GMT
Steve A says:
There are programs available that will retrieve photos from damaged memory cards. Digital Picture Recovery is one I have used with success.

Posted on 26 Dec 2012 17:51:50 GMT
Jane says:
Faulty goods are covered under consumer law for a year.....?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2012 20:27:29 GMT
D_arkTrooper says:
Yes, that's what I thought. But from the looks of it Amazon don't quite see it that way and after 30 days they don't want to know if anything goes wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2012 21:07:52 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Dec 2012 21:10:41 GMT
Jane says:
It's worth reading up on it. Most retailers will try to talk you out of it but you have consumer law on your side. Just not too sure about if its governed by UK law if sent from overseas etc. but I'm sure it's easy to find out. In fact, hang on, I'm gonna look into it now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200900540. This doesn't give timescales but it suggests its covered by the normal uk consumer laws ie: 1 year.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2013 19:32:06 GMT
E. T. Povall says:
Once you figure out how to contact them I've found them to be OK, but they do hide the info pretty well. I've recently returned an item after 30 days and to be fair it was pretty easy. They sent out the replacement first then I sent back the faulty item. I called them on 02070847911. My 2 month old SD card I was using in my GS3 has just died and I've just called them again and they have sent me a returns form via email. They could only offer a refund though as the card is out of stock.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2013 13:11:50 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jan 2013 13:12:42 GMT
Darktrooper, This has just happened to me after nearly 3 months exactly as you describe, phone is rooted with a custom ROM. Wasnt purchased from Amazon though, now reading this im wondering whether to get another one or not.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›