24 of 26 people found the following review helpful
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast - A masterpeice,
This review is from: Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (GameCube) (Video Game)
Now id like to say that allthough I did give this game five stars and called it a master peice, i do have a few arguments...
1. The gameplay doesnt really pick up until you get your lightsaber, which is an imediate and noticable improvement.
2. The cutscens are, in a nutshell... crud... sorry guys, but theres always gotta be something wrong....
3. Too many Puzzles, allthough its EXTREMLY fun if you find a good Walfthrough, to shed light on otherwise long and boring paths... but remember, you should always see if YOU can finish the level before turning to a walkthrough.
Well, those are the bad points, heres a good pointor two...
1.The lightsaber makes this great game an AWESOME game, now, i used to have this on computer (till one of my ex-freinds decided to steal it and run off to britan), and i was amazed at the coolness of lighsaber and force powers in this game,(my trademark move, infact is chokeing an enemy then throwing a lightsaber at him while hes still in mid-air - v. cool)and i must say that this game continues on in that spirit, im impressed at how easy to use the controlls are on this game, Gamecube usually isnt the Best console for shooters (except for Metroid prime, duh!) but these ones tsake the cake.
3. Graphics (allthough, addmitably not excellent) are v. good, and the worlds are xcellent.... Allthough the game drops a frame or two in H U G E fights, the game useually hold together.
4. A HUGE variaty of different moves (too rival the collosal 3,000 of Enter the matrix), for instance, if there is an enemy behide you, snap back on the control stick and press attack at the same time and Kyle will stab backwards... The moves vary (once again as in ETM) with the position of you, your enemies, or your controll stick.
5. THE FORCE... Ahh, is there anything better that killing a whole room of storm troopersin one HUGE force move? Or in sending a rocket back at its originator with a flick of a wrist? pppprobably not! The Jedi fights are wonderfull to play, slowing down time to attack dark jedi with a huge jump finishing in a downward swing to cleave them in two... ahh, pinnicall gameing.
6.Authenticity. Allthough Luke and Lando havent seemed to have aged in nine years, we can overlook that, because E-V-E-R-Y Single model in this game... ahem... ROCKS!!! storm troopers rock, swamp troopers rock... to name a few...
hope you liked my review, cya!
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Mar 2010 03:12:04 GMT
J. Pinder says:
This review is far too long and drawn out, after reading it I felt like the game was a total wast of space and not for me, I am a avid Star Wars fan with a massive collection of items , I don't know about this one !!!John048
‹ Previous 1 Next ›