5.0 out of 5 stars Review from the older audience, 29 Jan 2009
This review is from: New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga) (Paperback)
I am in my late 30s and read Twilight because I had heard good things and the hype of the movie was good. I enjoyed it immensely and was drawn in by the love story and taken back to my high school days. I became a bit pathetic and moped around for a few days when I had finished the book...simply because I wanted to read more.

Wanting more and itching to read New Moon, I logged on to Amazon and read the reviews and became a little worried as so many people gave it mediocre to poor reviews. However, I decided just to buy it and read it and I am so glad I did.

I found that it is a much better written book than Twilight. It seemed like Stephenie Meyer actually THOUGHT about what she was writing this time, and didn't just throw stuff on the pages randomly.

The compaint other reviews had was the lack of Edward in the story. However, I did not find this a drawback in the least, it was necessary to keep the emotions running as strongly as they do in this book, and I found the storyline excellent. Please do not be put off by the negative reviews - this book is well worth the read.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Apr 2010 09:23:43 BDT
I have to agree with you on your review .Im also a mum and have found these fantastic books a joy to read....I found myself feeling sad for Bella when Edward left...well worth the money for the books..

Posted on 21 Jul 2010 19:46:08 BDT
Bugsiebaby says:
I agree with this review - this book is much better written than the first one, and I don't think Edward not being in this book detracted from it at all. It also got going a bit more quickly, which I appreciated - I found the first 150-200 pages of Twilight a little tedious...

Posted on 26 Jul 2010 22:08:03 BDT
But is entering a state of catatonia truly the best way to deal with your boyfriend leaving? It doesn't send out the best message does it?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (763 customer reviews)

7.99 6.95