ARRAY(0xadc772b8)

5.0 out of 5 stars an expected product, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 250GB Console with Kinect Sensor: Includes Kinect Adventures
Being a PC user all my life so far, decided to try out something that I have wanted for a long time - buy my first console. I have played Ps2 and a bit Ps3 but have never owned one. The main purpose I wanted it is to play RPG, racing and other party games in particular the kinect games, that was also the main reason I bought the xbox over the playstation. The idea to play something from the couch and in the living room with others by the simplicity of just turning the system on intrigued me. FPS games I wasn't so keen on playing with analog sticks, despite this I also purchased Halo 4 just to see how it really is.

The console came well packed, very compact, I liked the looks of the system itself and touch buttons with click sound felt good too. assembly was a snap, liked the part that it has additional free connection slots. Also like the xbox controllers over the Ps consoles, they fell much better in my palm.
The price was right also, at first I was searching in local stores and internet sites, was quite unhappy of the prices here, they were some 30% more than I bought here on amazon, including bundled items and surprisingly low shipping costs.
The first impression after turning the system was good, it self-calibrated, helped to set up the kinect, notified if there was insufficient space. If someone is still deciding if to buy, at first check that you have enough playing space - 2 meters from the TV for two players.
After using the Xbox for some weeks, I still love it, the kinect games are great fun and exercise, love boxing, you can really unload on your girlfriend :D and she loves it too.

There are some thing that has caught my attention:
At some points the noise from the CD drive was a bit loud, watching cinematic and at silent moments could hear it a lot, I have the system set up vertically, haven't space to set it horizontally, maybe then it is quieter. At some points the loading time is a bit long, not a big problem for me, I am a patient guy. The kinect sensor Is a bit picky at some points when it comes to detecting my movement, there are a lot of factor that interfere, like distance from the TV, sunlight, obstacles and other people.

So far I don't have a Xbox live subscription and still have fun with the games I bought on single player. Tried Halo 4 at first it was irritating to aim, but after a while I could do it quite well, not as easy as with a mouse, but still enjoyable.

In conclusion I can say that for the price this console is a good deal, good graphics comparing with an equally priced gaming pc with a lot less hassle, not to mention you get the kinect sensor that gives you different possibilities. Have to take in mind that you'll need plenty of space and the games are not cheap + if you want multiplayer - additional costs for Xbox live subscription. If only I could get a mouse attached that is compatible with games I would love to play FPS games - not a well known option, probably with a good reason.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]