4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: The Art of SEO (Theory in Practice (O'Reilly)) (Paperback)
Quite simply, this book is brilliant! I found it very informative. My understanding of SEO has skyrocketed since I read it. It's a must-read for anyone with a Web site.
Having said all that, for the following reasons, I could not give the book five stars.
(1) Some information is repeated many times throughout the book (which isn't too bad a thing).
(2) A very heavy emphasis is paid on company strategies (which is great for companies but not for the average reader).
(3) Sometimes, subjects are mentioned before they have been explained, after which it is stated that the subjects will be explained later on in the book.
(4) Quite a few of the illustrations are completely useless. In some instances, they are too small, while in other instances, their lack of colour makes them impossible to read. How is it that the publishers missed this major fault?
(5) Either I'm going crazy or some of the illustrations don't match the text, as if the authors revised the text but forgot to change the illustrations.
Overall, I highly recommend this book. If the illustrations were better, I would have given it top marks.