5.0 out of 5 stars It works and still going!, 19 April 2013
This review is from: The Fast Diet: The Secret of Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer (Paperback)
My weight can go up and down and over the last 18 months I managed to put on 2 stone, despite exercising regularly during term time, sometimes running up to 33k a week. Though I know it's what I eat that has got me this way.

I have also been sluggish and my skin (and scalp) has broken out in spots and I have tried every lotions and potions (even changing my contraception). Feeling that I needed to do more, I deep down knew it was what I was eating and a proper diet would help.

Having allergies to Wheat and not eating meat, I deluded myself that I was eating was healthy combined with exercise i thought i was invinsible that I can still eat junk food and quick fixes and I was eating whenever I thought I was hungry and not surprising, I put on weight and started getting problems.

I changed my exercise in January and I have been doing the 30 Day shred most mornings and wanted a good diet to go with it (and not wanting to pay out on expensive diets or clubs).

I found this book in Tesco, not seeing the Horizon programme; I went on it solely because it sounds manageable.

2 days out of 7, you cut down your calorie intake to 500 for women and 600 for men. Every other day, you can eat what you like. I started doing this a few weeks ago and though I don't have scales, I measured my waist and I have already lost 2 inches off my waist.

The way I have done this is; I cut my calories on Mon and Thursday, though I can be flexible, if I know I'm meeting friends, I will change the day. I usually have my entire calorie intake in one go as my evening meal with the family. I found that by splitting the meals in the morning and dinner, I was starving by lunch time and having them just a dinner time was a lot better managed! I also keep a note book to record what i eat/drink and my calories consumed!

The book contains meal ideas and a calorie table at the back. It is measuring and weighing you calories, but it's for only two days!

The idea is to give your liver a break to detox; if we keep eating, the liver is constantly working and not getting a break, hence health problems and obesity!

Since starting I have noticed that my skin is getting better, I feel more energetic and I am in control. I even find that on my normal eating days, I am aware of what I eat and have started to be quiet sensible.

Sometimes I have had a can of soup and a bowl of salad of my choice (and even under the 500 cals, I can struggle to eat this in one sitting) and through the days I also drink lots too, keep me ticking over. I drink nettle, herbal and fruit tea and water (hot and cold), which is also good, as I didn't always remember to drink plenty before this book!

The longer I continue to do this diet the easier it seems to be, as at first it can be a battle of wills! Just keep busy and plan your day wisely!

If I am offered naughty treats or a slice of cake, I can happily put it away and enjoy it the next day when I am not fasting.

This is a great lifestyle change and I can see myself doing this for the rest of my life and I would recommend anyone (who can) to give it a try!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]