4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
Fantastic but couple of flaws,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox One) (Video Game)
I love AC games since AC1 with hours of fun, stealth and entertainment. Here is my sum up of Black Flag:
We will start of with the positives:
- Graphics: The graphics for all the AC games have been amazing especially this one as you can clearly see the rain coming down off the faces of Kenway, Blackbeard etc when it rains and when you are on the ship how you can see the lightning and the high waves from the storm looks life like.
- Weapons: The range of weapons you have is brilliant especially the beserk darts where you hide hit an enemy with one and see them go mad and attacking anyone in sight is always good fun especially if you have to kill a captain (or somebody high ranking).
- Open maps: The fact that you can sail across a huge sea with loads of different castles, hidden locations and loads of ships to attack and board is a great idea. The main areas such as Kingston has got two areas to it and is separated by the sea which makes it worth while staying around.
- Upgrading the Jackdaw: The fact you can upgrade the Jackdaw's appearance, storage, weapons, armor and harpooning is a great addition. You can make the Jackdaw look completely different to what it was at the start which is a good way to stamp your own look on it.
- Assassinations: They are always fun to do especially if it is a double assassination.
- Upgrade Kenway: It's good you can make Kenway wear a variety of different outfits and choose from lots of weapons for him to use.
- Recruiting sailors: I like how you can recruit for sailors to be apart of your crew for the Jackdaw.
Now the bad points.
- The running system: This has been the main issue I have had since AC1 was around, it would be better if they had a stamina system within the game as anybody in AC can run for ages without getting tired (unrealistic). The other issue with the running is you should be able to hold the RT button to run but you would have to hold RT+A to climb up as at the moment even if you hold RT and escaping from the enemy you will randomly climb up a wall or tree that you don't want to do (so frustrating).
- Climbing: Anybody would of thought they would of gotten this sorted out but they haven't made it pretty much perfect as too many times you will not be able to grab onto an obvious ledge that most of the time you can use but in fact he will jump like it's a flat wall with no ledge to grab onto (that is so stupid).
- Game freezes: I have had to restart the game because it will freeze when you try and complete a mission and then work when you redo it straight away.
If they fixed those issues it would of been 5/5 from me, hope they sort those issues out soon.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Apr 2014 09:40:37 BDT
Sean Davidson says:
Just wanted to add that I have noticed two bizarre things have happened, firstly I was swimming underwater and went behind a huge rock (the size that would damage the Jackdaw significantly if it collided with the rock) and a guy on a ship on the other side of the rock and a significant distance away somehow shot through the rock and reduce my health (makes no sense), and secondly we boarded a schooner and I was in the water and a bad guy was in the schooner and he was able to kill me with his sword (are they saying that swords can go through a ships side with ease and kill you, I don't think so).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›