30 of 30 people found the following review helpful
The Sims 2,
This review is from: The Sims 2 (PS2) (Video Game)
Like many people, I owned the original 'Sims' game for years on Pc, and was desperate to buy 'The Sims 2' when it was released. However, when the second game arrived, I found our Pc wasn't good enough to take such an extensive game so I decided to buy the version for the Playstation 2 instead.
I bought it thinking it would be roughly the same as the pc version, but it wasn't.
The graphics are good, and the gameplay if a little slow, seems reasonable but after a while playing a few major flaws start to appear. The game lacks what most people loved about the first 'Sims' games. The ability to customise your house to whatever ridiculous ideas you have, to create wacky people and huge families.
But the game does NOT include;
* Pets (except for fish)
* swimming pools
* an upstairs layer to houses
* a town centre or shops
* a significantly decreased ammount of furniture for your home
* a stupid fire hazard warning that puts a limit on the ammount of furniture you are allowed in your house
However there are some good new benefits;
* You can now create your own recipes and food.
* 3d graphics with realistic enviroments
* New controls to move your Sims.
* New advances in designing your Sims looks.
Overall, the loss of features makes the game a bit of a disappointment but it is still a playable game.