2 of 3 people found the following review helpful
fussy, strange combinations,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: A Salad for All Seasons (Hardcover)
for example :
- thyme-smoked wood pigeon and pancetta
- warm chicken livers and chicory salad
- spinach, lamb and fig with orange and honey
- peach, passion fruit, apricot
- duck and tangerine salad
- quail, radicchip, black pudding and walnuts salad
- fennel, pear, pecorino, celery, bresola (?), poppyseed salad.
Just too rich and strange for my tastes, though obviously other reviewers enjoy the complexity. There are a few good simple salad recipes with nice pictures, but honestly a lot of recipes sound a bit sickly to me. Perhaps this is a book only for the adventurous.