5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, use at work, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: 7dayshop AERO 7 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones with Aeroplane Kit and Travel Case (Electronics)
I was busy recommending these to my colleagues when I decided I should really write a review about these great headphones.

I looked around on Amazon for a while specifically for noise-cancelling headphones for under £30, as people talking and other noises in the office were getting too much to be able to concentrate on work (we have an open plan office). These had the best reviews for the price, and so I decided to try them.

Delivery was fast, no problems there.

Ever since I've been using these I feel much more productive. If I need to hear what's going on I can have them as normal headphones listening to music (no complaints about sound quality from me), and if things get too loud I just flick the 'On' switch and get plunged into a lovely bubble of peace and quiet. Whatever I listen to gets louder as well, and I can just get 'in the zone'.

They are very comfortable and don't press on and hurt my ears like others have done. The ear 'cups' and headband are all nicely padded. I often forget that I'm wearing them now.

I'm not keen on using the noise-cancelling feature without something playing mainly because it can get a bit oppressive on the ears, but I think that's probably a personal preference.

The detachable cable has also been brilliant - I have not had a great track record with cables (they loosen, get loose connections, breaks, and even accidentally cut in half with a guillotine... long story!), so when, after one too many catches with my foot the end of the cable came apart, I was able to just grab another one (plain old headphone jack to headphone jack), plug it in and carry on as before without buying new headphones. Genius!

It comes with a sturdy case and an airplane adaptor as well.

The only minor complaint I could have with these is that when they arrived - as others have mentioned - they smelt really strongly of smoke. I mean, REALLY strongly. It meant they were slightly unpleasant to wear at first, but it did wear off eventually. It they could take a look at remedying this, then they would be almost perfect.

At £25 they do a great job, and I feel I have no need to go for a more expensive pair.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]