1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 1 month and very poor CDTRONIX customer service, 1 Dec. 2013
I purchased the CDTRONIX NH-210 and found that it came with most of the fixtures required. The only thing it doesn't come with is the bracket to hook the motor to your dish. I found the bracket for my dish (Sky MK4 60/80cm dish) was too narrow so brackets have to be adapted.

The motor works very well under USALS (predefined satellite positions) and is reasonably quiet (quiet buzzing sound when the motor is operating). It typically takes between 2 and 3 seconds to switch from say 19.2 to 23.5 degrees. It is quieter than Technomate's 2600 metal gear motor. I've had both motors side by side when doing a comparison.

Unfortunately after 1 month of operating this on a daily basis the motor stopped allowing me to move the dish East. It seems to now be operating with a East Limit of 0. I've tried to reset the motor and this does not help. I've tried a different receiver which also did not help. I've tried to manually move the dish East past the 0 reference point using the buttons on the motor and this didn't work either. There was torrential rain and it was quite windy (50MPH gusts) last night and do suspect this was part of the problem. I was able to confirm this after I took the motor inside and dried it out. Now it begins to function again. So there must be a poor seal on it somewhere. If this device cannot cope with being outside in British weather then it is not fit for purpose for use in the UK.

Something else I noticed is that this device appears to have no IP (ingress protection) rating. This means it has never been tested under controlled wet/wind conditions. In fact this advert does not specify the unit is waterproof. So unless your going to build a shelter/roof for your dish+motor then this device can never be guaranteed to work in the rain.

I have tried to contact CDTRONIX customer service but they are not replying to any of my emails. Very poor indeed. I recommend to avoid CDTRONIX. In fact CDTRONIX have changed the product this review is against to a different model of motor.

Update-28JAN14: CDTRONIX are refusing to replace the faulty motor under warranty. I will be going through small claims to pursue a refund or replacement.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jan 2014 11:00:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Feb 2014 14:35:54 GMT
CDTRONIX.COM says:
Quote from Mike's Review before he changes it again which he makes a habbit of........
"There was torrential rain and it was quite windy (50MPH gusts) last night and do suspect this was part of the problem. I was able to confirm this after I took the motor inside and dried it out. Now it begins to function again. So there must be a poor seal on it somewhere. If this device cannot cope with being outside in British weather then it is not fit for purpose for use in the UK.
Something else I noticed is that this device appears to have no IP (ingress protection) rating. This means it has never been tested under controlled wet/wind conditions. In fact this advert does not specify the unit is waterproof. So unless your going to build a shelter/roof for your dish+motor then this device can never be guaranteed to work in the rain"

Poor seals on it ? Not fit for British Weather ? Not waterproof ? Seriously Mike are you having a laugh ?

This motor we sold you is a rebadged SG2100 which is famous worldwide & which has been sold in countries with climates much harsher than the British weather !
It was reviewed by the What Satellite Magazine in NOV 2012 and came out on top when it was pitched against 3 other leading brands including Technomate & Superjack. So I think this speaks for itself unless What Satellite do not know what they are talking about ?

We have sold 1000's of these and have never had anyone claim they are not waterproof, neither have we had so many insults, threats of small claims court, demanding IP test reports from us for this product over a problem that is not even motor related. Checked your coax cable & LNB for water ingress ? Have you got an IP test result for these to confirm ? Serioulsy You have too much time on your hands and think you are some sort of expert reviewer (going by all your other reviews on here which are a amusing read) when you clearly don't know what you are talking about half the time.

We inspected your motor and it was fine. No water traces found inside, no damaged seals, no PCB damage. The motor actually worked as it should so there was nothing to warrant on it, the only damage to it was damage that you caused to the motor arm which was in a right mess when we got it back, "Light Filing" as you put it ? I have never seen such a mess and you even asked us and expected us to change this damaged arm for you to a 40mm one as you put it on your letter. You have some nerve!

We will be refunding you for this product as im fed up with your attitude and the way you talk to our staff. Your refund will be less the damage you did to the motor arm which now needs replacing and the missing back brackets and U Bolts you decided to keep for yourself.
Matter closed.