ARRAY(0xb596b2e8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by what looks like a complex subject, this is a good read!, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Signature in the Cell (Kindle Edition)
Once, at school (a long long time ago) when we were discussing evolution as a process, I asked my biology teacher that if Darwin was right how could a Gannet develop such a beautiful, artistic head and beak, which looked to all intents and purposes as though it had been painted and shaded by an artist.
I was unpolitely told not to bother with 'that type of thinking' which was tantamount to pseudoscience. The class laughed, and we moved on.
I've been deeply interested in intelligent design ever since.

What makes this book so interesting is the way the author drills right down into the complexities of the building blocks of life, and goes to great lengths to explain just how impossible it would be for DNA to develop randomly, as Darwin, and current science would have us believe.

The numbers involved to allow the random development of DNA defy description, and this short review just couldn't do his work justice.
Rather than focussing me on say, the complexities of the human eye, as other authors have done, the author showed me, page by page, number by number how much design at a molecular level just can't be a random act, it reeks of intelligence. And he did it by involving me all the way. At no stage did I feel lost in a sea of sciencespeak whilst I read this book, his writing style is not only exacting and precise, but also totally involving.
A great read if you are a seeker of information on ID.
Hope this helped.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Sep 2013 08:50:23 BDT
Middle Earth says:
*From the Quote mine:

'...on 1 November 2012 at Georgia Tech, Professor Tour went further, and declared that no scientist that he has spoken to understands macroevolution - and that includes Nobel Prize winners! Here's what he said when a student in the audience asked him about evolution:

... I will tell you as a scientist and a synthetic chemist: if anybody should be able to understand evolution, it is me, because I make molecules for a living, and I don't just buy a kit, and mix this and mix this, and get that. I mean, ab initio, I make molecules. I understand how hard it is to make molecules. I understand that if I take Nature's tool kit, it could be much easier, because all the tools are already there, and I just mix it in the proportions, and I do it under these conditions, but ab initio is very, very hard.

I don't understand evolution, and I will confess that to you. Is that OK, for me to say, "I don't understand this"? Is that all right? I know that there's a lot of people out there that don't understand anything about organic synthesis, but they understand evolution. I understand a lot about making molecules; I don't understand evolution. And you would just say that, wow, I must be really unusual.

Let me tell you what goes on in the back rooms of science - with National Academy members, with Nobel Prize winners. I have sat with them, and when I get them alone, not in public - because it's a scary thing, if you say what I just said - I say, "Do you understand all of this, where all of this came from, and how this happens?" Every time that I have sat with people who are synthetic chemists, who understand this, they go "Uh-uh. Nope." These people are just so far off, on how to believe this stuff came together. I've sat with National Academy members, with Nobel Prize winners. Sometimes I will say, "Do you understand this?"And if they're afraid to say "Yes," they say nothing. They just stare at me, because they can't sincerely do it.

I was once brought in by the Dean of the Department, many years ago, and he was a chemist. He was kind of concerned about some things. I said, "Let me ask you something. You're a chemist. Do you understand this? How do you get DNA without a cell membrane? And how do you get a cell membrane without a DNA? And how does all this come together from this piece of jelly?" We have no idea, we have no idea. I said, "Isn't it interesting that you, the Dean of science, and I, the chemistry professor, can talk about this quietly in your office, but we can't go out there and talk about this?'

-Professor James M. Tour (one of the ten most cited chemists in the world)

**Here's a bit more:

'...it was Professor Tour who was largely instrumental in getting Nobel Laureate Richard Smalley, winner of the 1996 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, to reject Darwinian evolution and accept Old Earth creationism, shortly before he died in 2005. It was Tour who persuaded Smalley to delve into the question of origins. After reading the books "Origins of Life" and "Who Was Adam?", written by Dr. Hugh Ross (an astrophysicist) and Dr. Fazale Rana (a biochemist).. Dr. Smalley explained his change of heart as follows:

Evolution has just been dealt its death blow. After reading "Origins of Life", with my background in chemistry and physics, it is clear evolution could not have occurred. The new book, "Who Was Adam?", is the silver bullet that puts the evolutionary model to death.'

*** Thanks to the excellent Stephen Meyer, John Lennox, Discovery Institute and the many others who have pointed to design in the universe in the face of slander and insult from those who would stifle any debate on origins***

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2013 17:56:11 BDT
Jeff Pearson says:
You know everyone, when you write a review for Amazon, you expect comments, and the odd troll, but to attract a comment like this? It was worth putting the review up.
Bravo MiddleEarth, it's nice to meet you.

Posted on 16 Feb 2014 23:13:09 GMT
great comments, thanks
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (42 customer reviews)

6.02