5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed!, 19 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Thomson WHP3001BK Wireless Headphones (Electronics)
My first thought was that the box and manual were more professional than I expected.

The base unit is simple, and not too big. I guess being for headphones, you can imagine its as wide as a small head! The power lead is just over 1.5 metre long.

The headphones themselves are relatively light, and padded on the bridge, which I thought was a nice touch. The earpieces are moveable in all directions for comfort. I have a small head and on the smallest setting, they fit perfect - something which I was worried about.

I opened the box, set up the power, attached to the TV, put in the batteries, and charged for an hour, before testing (leaving headphones switched off).

After an hour, I switched them on (right earpiece), pressed the auto tune button (left earpiece), turned up the volume (left earpiece) and tested them with the TV, then the Apple TV - film trailer and music.

I bought them to watch TV late at night, without disturbing my neighbours. The sound is very good. Not too tinny, with decent amount of bass.

When I tested the Apple TV, I realised they needed to be tuned to each device on first usage. Once I pressed auto-tune, they always connected. The trailer and the music both sounded decent enough. There was some hissing feedback when there is nothing playing, and I thought it was the headphones, but when I turned up the TV volume and lowered the headphones volume, there was no hissing, so you just have to remember to turn the device volume down before you take the audio lead out!!

All in all, they are brilliant for what I want them for. And definitely value for money. Im not sure they would suit a music enthusiast for crystal clear, crisp definition, but for £25, you wouldnt expect that kind of quality anyway! I cant say I can compare to anything though, as this is my first pair of wireless headphones, and before that Ive only use my Iphone wired ones.

They need to be switched off to charge.

Hope this has been helpful.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]