1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
4 Stars for Single player, 1 Star for Multiplayer, 3 Stars for Zombies,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Standard edition] (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
As it says in the title, I find the single player fairly good, it has a nice story line, feels like COD game that it is supposed to be, the story line is fantastic and as a COD game, it meets it's purpose. Now, I do like call of duty, but only really for single player or zombies. The Multiplayer however is a horrific disappointment. I much prefer the first black ops game
- The story switches between the 1960's and 2025, I found this to be a unique and new segment added to the COD singleplayer, and I quite liked it
- Unlike any other COD, at some point in the game you are able to choose between what missions you do first, not free roam but from a menu, which I also quite like and find that it is unique to any of the all COD games.
- There is a sort of strategy game element in it, the mode allows you to choose between taking control of a soldier, or a pilot a mini drone, or something large on the battlefield, you are also able to switch between them in missions and use different tactics to win the objective.
- You are able to choose what weapons you take into missions, with the class interface just like in multiplayer, there is also reccommended items of which you should take into the battlefield
- Stunning graphics
- I won't go into too much detail because of spoilers but the story line is really predictable
Multiplayer, as I said previously, this was a disappointment
- Within the first few hours of playing multiplayer I was extremely bored, because I don't like most of the maps
- Host migration occurs too much as the servers do not automatically choose the best host
- The matchmaking system is appalling
- About 75% of the weapons are stupidly overpowered. I get that in every COD game there are a couple of overpowered weapons, but not like this
- Enemies have a ridiculous amount of health, often leading to enemies sponging even though you feel like you have put about 2000 bullets into your enemy
- Despite having these negative views, there are a few new game modes, such as multi team (3 V 3 V 3) which I found to be a nice game mode, however they took out the 4 on 4 team play that has been in previous call of dutys
- There is an all new league play system which is pretty exciting and great for clans
- There is an extensive emblem creating system which is nice, and I know this is not down to Treyarch but a lot of the emblems (at least 50%) are inappropriate and copied of YouTube or some other sort of walkthrough.
I don't have that much to say about the zombies
I found that the zombie maps are pretty good and a lot more interactive, and I don't quite know what it is but there is something about zombies that makes me feel that the previous zombies on black ops one were better. Treyarch took out quite a few favourite guns of mine, but added in some cool new ones. They have also added permaperks such as jug. Without jug you usually get downed in 2 hits, when you buy jug it is 6, with the permaperk it is 4, which I found to be pretty neat.
Overall I would say it is an OK game, but the multi player could do with a massive improvement.