5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product and Support, 7 July 2012
This review is from: A1CS FUSION5 XTRA Tablet PC - 10.1" Screen - Android 4.0.4 ICS - DUAL CAMERA - 16GB STORAGE - 1GB RAM - - Capacitive 5-Point Touch Screen - SLIMMER N LIGHTER THAN FUSION5 TABLET -Supports BBC Iplayer.
This is not a full review just some comment.

I purchased this for my next door nabour (74 years old) as his first PC/Tablet as he still uses one off the old word processors with floppy disks and a very small screen. (forgot the name)

It connected to my home BT home hub OK though two rooms into his flat so no problems with the wifi (Just).

One of the USB ports is for external Keyboard or other device the other one is for Tablet to PC so does not work for normal USB devices.

The stock android browser as shipped is crap (lots of waits or OK popups) so advised by A1CS support to use Opera Mobile browser instead, it now works fast and the flash Youtube works as well
This means that the Google search at the top of the home page is also slow so use Opera instead.

I tried the Maxthon Browser first but it just crash all the time.
Installed Kingsoft Office and it works OK with the Leather like external Keyboard.
A Note on the keyboard, the right hand clip thing hides the USB port and charger hole, so I bent it back and put a bit of Velcro on the back of the Tablet to hold it in place, no problem as it all works OK.

The touch screen was very hit and miss with my finger so I got a pack of 3 cheap Stylus from Amazon (£2.99) and these are great. The screen is very responsive with these.

Set up to print to my HP eprinter vier eprint email and that worked OK. Office .doc attachment print OK using this method.
Installed BBC iPlayer and it worked OK.
Installed Skype and tested it again my PC and that worked OK allthough it shut down his vidio to my PC due to weak signal (Well the tablet is next door)

All in all given the price paid I have given this product a five star as the browser problems are with android not A1CS and they do give email support.
For G3 users I think the G3 Myfi hub would be a better bet than a usb dongle as it is a wifi hotspot so should just work with the standard tablet wifi.

Delivery was next day.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Sep 2012 15:11:54 BDT
can u plug a external hard drive to this tablet and watch a film on it thank you jim

Posted on 28 Sep 2012 19:38:10 BDT
Wow I wish you lived next door to me, what a top neighbour!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Oct 2012 07:09:57 BDT
C. Hughes says:
Thanks for that comment.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2012 09:26:59 GMT
I don't know if you got a reply to this question but you can rip dvd's to a micro sd card and the tablet will play from it. I have a couple of 32gb micro sd's that I use with this tablet as a film library when I travel.

Posted on 30 Dec 2012 23:32:02 GMT
R Spratt says:
WARNING.
I cannot comment on the Fusion 5 Extra but want to pass on my experience of the Original Fusion5 and particularly of this company A1CS Ltd. I have had many problems with my tablet and the company refuse to replace it or refund me. Their attempts to repair it have been a joke, they send it back saying it has been fixed when it is not!
I bought this tablet based on the positive reviews and have regretted it massively. I know I am not alone in my experiences and must warn you that if things go wrong you will be dealing with a company who seem to have no understanding of customer care. I've learned my lesson.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2014 15:23:56 BDT
I agree now on my third replacement this now has lost sound and constantly freezes, what a load of rubbish
‹ Previous 1 Next ›