6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
Perfect for casual PC users (i3, 1TB, windows 8 version),
This review is from: Lenovo VE74AUK Q190 Ultra Small Form Factor Desktop PC (Black) - Intel Celeron B887 1.5GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8) (discontinued by manufacturer) (Personal Computers)
After much deliberating and consideration of other options I decided to buy this PC as my main computer.
I consume a lot of media - Youtube, iplayer, 4od and lots of downloaded content. I also do some light multitasking (like writing reviews on Amazon with media playing in the background!). For these purposes this PC meets and exceeds my requirements.
For people wondering if this PC is suitable for them, here are the reasons I personally decided to get it:
1) I wanted a PC to hook up to my TV so I can browse the net and do what I usually do, but in the living room.
2) I was considering getting an Android mini PC, however these did not seem particularly reliable and as an android user already I know that there would be compatibility issues with websites, that certain videos would not play and it would be much slower than this PC.
3) I was considering hooking up one of my existing PCs to the TV, but none of them have HDMI output (only VGA). After reading around it seemed pretty clear that VGA output would not be as good as HDMI output in terms of picture quality. Also VGA doesn't transmit sound so I wouldn't really be able to use my home cinema sound system effectively.
4) Changing the graphics card so that I could output through HDMI in one of my existing computers would cost quite a lot of money anyway.
5) I was considering building a HTPC from scratch, but it was too much hassle for me and as an off the shelf alternative I believe this PC is the best option out there.
All in all, I can't fault this machine. It does exactly what I want it to and the HDMI output looks stunning on my 51 inch TV.
PS. my version did not come with the blu ray player - but I'd rather have a separate blu ray player going straight into my TV anyway.