4.0 out of 5 stars Brummie Rockers Still Got Mojo, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Black Sabbath Live...Gathered In Their Masses [Blu Ray] [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
Positive.
I shall be going to see Black Sabbath in December at Birmingham with my cousin & so as he brought this Blu ray he asked me around his house to watch it with him to get a idea what Black Sabbath will be like playing Live?

Well after watching this concert I'm pleased to say i can't wait to see these Brummie rockers on stage as they prove at 60+ years young they like a fine wine they get better with age.

Black Sabbath on this Blu ray release are performing at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia were the Australian Open Grand slam tennis tournament is held..

Ozzy sounds great his voice better than it's been for quite some time, Tony & Geezer effortlessly recreate that dark & moody Black Sabbath sound & the Guitar riffs by Tony were fantastic.

Stand in drummer for non returnee original Sabbath member Bill Ward is Tommy Cluefetos whom is without doubt a drummer with great ability & beats the hell out of those drums that his drumsticks must be made out of Titanium.

No pratting around on stage with gimmicky & trickery for these Brummie legends, Instead we have 3 of the original line up doing what they've always done best, Play awesome rock music.

Negative.
The Blu Ray release contains no extras at all which is disappointing as surely there's a wealth of material here about Sabbath reforming & thoughts on there new album the excellent 13.

All we get is sound options & scene selections on the main menu so i deducted a star for this reason only.

Great Black Sabbath concert that delivers the goods but not the extras.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Dec 2013 10:21:30 GMT
CC2000 says:
Back in the 1980's, my brother and I missed out on seeing Sabbath with Ozzy by 1 year. We had to make do with the Dio years and Ozzy solo at the Hammersmith Odeon. Great as they were, we always knew Sabbath with Ozzy was the gig that got away. Since then we'd been waiting another 32 years until last night at O2 London. OMG, They were fantastic! I never dreamt that they could possibly still deliver after all these years, but believe me they absolutely blew us both away. Of the 100's of concerts we've seen in our lifetimes we are both agreed that last night was possibly the best. I am now looking forward to buying this DVD as a memento. Timelord007, you are in for a real treat. I wish I could be there with you for their final concert. After you've been you may well want to up the star rating, even without any extras. Enjoy.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2013 10:39:36 GMT
Tv Tall says:
I echo CC200. I was there last night and they were so good I'm now wanting more Sabbath from Amazon!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2013 11:08:11 GMT
CC2000 says:
They were brilliant, weren't they? Of all the Heavy Rock bands albums I own I can honestly say that the Sabbath with Ozzy years are the only Albums that still stand the test of time, there's not one I cannot listen to today. The concert last night and this tour will go down in Rock history as a benchmark for all other bands to aspire to. Tv Tall, If you haven't got all the early Sabbath, you're so lucky as you've got some real gems to discover.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2013 09:46:32 GMT
Timelord-007 says:
Many thanks CC2000 & Tv Tall, I cannot wait till 20th December to see them as they one of a few bands i always wanted to see.

After viewing this Blu Ray I'm very excited as this release demonstrates they can still perform great music live & aren't cashing in on past glorys.

Posted on 19 Dec 2013 16:10:06 GMT
CC2000/Tv Tall - I was at the dec 10th show too! Sabbath deliver every time I have seen them. (Though last years Brum May 12th gig was more blinding as the venue was tiny compared to the London 02 Arena). Cant wait to check out the dvd!

Posted on 19 Dec 2013 16:13:36 GMT
Oh yes, and enjoy the show Timelord007. If I could afford to I'd go to every Sabbath gig I could! Truly awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Dec 2013 16:50:06 GMT
Timelord-007 says:
Many thanks Clint for your comments & feedback.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (74 customer reviews)

£21.99 £17.76