4.0 out of 5 stars Just what i needed but stupid app function, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Eyefi Mobi 16GB WiFi SDHC CARD + FREE 90 days Eyefi Cloud (Personal Computers)
I had looked at Eye-Fi cards for years but never thought the extra expense was needed but now with so many social media channels I have become addicted to sharing my photos on instagram.
So I brought a WIFI compact camera and although it took great photos they were nothing like ones achieved with a CSC (Compact System Camera). So I purchased a Canon EOS-M on a great deal.
Problem - I had to wait until I got home to transfer to my phone for Instagram - not ideal. Then for some reason I thought of Eye-Fi again and found this card.

POSITIVES
- It works brilliantly with it being built into the Canon Firmware.
- The transfers are faster than I expected - copies a high-res photo in around 10 seconds.
- The app is really easy to connect to, reliable and stable
- Now transfers video too (Updated 06 Mar)

NEGATIVES - All with the App - As of Feb 2014
- When you connect to the card and open the app it will transfer EVERY photo to your device that hasn't been transferred previously. If you have taken 500 shots since your last connection it will copy all those 500 to your phone. I have no idea what happens if you run out of space.
- You can only transfer the image to an iOS device once. So if you want it on your iPhone AND iPad you can't. It will remember what photos have been transferred and there is no option to re-transfer.
- You can't pick what photos you want to transfer. So if you have just taken a quick snap and want to upload it to Instagram you have to wait for any previously un-transferred photos to be copied over first.

OVERALL
I am impressed but a few stupid functions of the app really let it down. I don't understand why they have done it that way. It doesn't bother me too much as I now just use my iPhone as the storage for the photos rather than my camera. Then I just transfer all photos from my iPhone to my home system and leave the ones on the camera as they are then just duplicates.

Check out the app at: [...]

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]