4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Clear, 20 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset for PC (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This review is based on use with my Apple Mac Computer and Playstation 3.

First impressions are very good. The headset seem very well made. Solid and sturdy.

Despite their solid state they are quite flexible, with the headset having several moving parts to twist and turn which really helps with adjusting to your head and for folding away. When wen they feel comfortable and that they can be worn for long periods.

It has a number of buttons, switches and dials on it which are fairly easy to operate even when on your head. And a boom mic that can be folded up or down.

When I used it on my Mac I did not need to do much other than plug in the usb antenna and change a few settings.

When playing music the sound was crisp and clear. I really enjoyed how good the music sounded and the levels it could get too. I then tried Skyping a friend and they also came through fear and crisp.

My one bugbear in relation to the mac however is that you cannot download software for it. This is a problem often with logitech where they support Windows based machines and not Mac or Linux. Thus I had cut off to me being able to program it for the three buttons near the top of the head-piece and the ability for voice morphing which would have been fun to experiment with.

On the playstation you once again plus in the antenna and by just changing the settings in sound it works.

My experience is not quite so good however on the playstation. It only plays other players voices through them. For headphones that completely cover your ears this is not ideal because they then severely muffle the game sound coming from the TV. Also I found it quite hard to make out what others were saying. Despite putting the volume up to highest I found it hard to make out what my friends were saying. Compared to my old Sony headphones which play both game sound and chat through them, and where you can hear your friends perfectly this was a bit of a disappointment. Maybe their is a setting that can alter these, but after a long look I could not find any.

Overall I think these are good solid headphones. Comfortable and easy to use. But lack of support for non-windows based machines and quietness on the playstation 3 mean I can only give 4 stars.

[Add comment]