5.0 out of 5 stars I have not been disappointed with this purchase, 16 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Panasonic CT-559WBPQ Combination Microwave Oven (Kitchen & Home)
I chose this item as represented very good value and that it was a best buy in a Which survey 2010.

I chose this item and make because it was to replace a 12 year old Panasonic microwave, if it lasts as long as my last one it will have earned its honours. If it does not I will amend the review.

I chose a white one because unlike stainless, it does not suffer from finger marks and it fits in with my kitchen.

I chose this item because I believed it was designed for men! For instance the first two programme buttons are:
1: CURRY
2: CHINESE

I chose this item because it has a `CHAOS' defrost button. Yes `CHAOS', that word gives it muscle, just like calling a babies push chair an `All Terrain 3 wheeler with outdoor attachments and puncture resistant tyres!' It appeals to men.

I chose this item because my wife said this is the one we are going to have and she demanded a Panasonic. If I had got anything else I would be making my own tea with it in the garage.

It is actually very good, works well, easy to clean, compact, energy saving and looks good. I have not changed my mind after road testing it for two weeks, at this price it is very good value for money.

My only gripe (my wife's actually) is that the timer buttons do not allow you to program individual seconds unlike our last one. The minimum input is 10 second intervals, she insisted I put this in the review but really it's no hardship.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Nov 2010 07:18:07 GMT
j bateson says:
Fabulous review!! Think I will get MY husband to choose one of these...thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2011 01:48:15 GMT
M. Beard says:
For the life of me, I CANNOT see why your wife would want INDIVIDUAL seconds - multiples of 10 seconds are quite adequate. When you/your wife has used it for several months, you will understand why !

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2011 00:19:04 GMT
Helpless says:
I know and I agree, however the last microwave was used to warm up baby milk and apparently my wife had timed it to the right temperature to the second!
Who am I to argue? If she said warm it up for 33 seconds that's what it was warmed up to.

Sadly I also have a friend who prepares hot chocolate each evening for his wife. He has timed it so that when he places the mug in the microwave it always, and I mean always stops with the mug at the front with the handle exactly in the correct position at the door for safe removal. I mean who has time for that?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2011 13:11:41 GMT
Bananaman says:
Curry and Chinese LMAO !! What about Micro Chips ?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2011 13:25:55 GMT
Helpless says:
Yes it has FROZEN POTATO products when you press the potato products (button 8). This is a serious MAN MICROWAVE!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Feb 2011 13:30:36 GMT
Bananaman says:
Great, 'cos I have just ordered one :D !

Posted on 13 May 2011 17:02:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 May 2011 17:02:44 BDT
Mig says:
Thank you 'Helpless' for a great review - I don't think I've ever before read a review that made me laugh out loud! And thanks to 'Bananaman' too, and the other commentators - sounds like a great product. My husband is resistance to replacing our clapped-out Panasonic because he knows how to work it and can't face the trauma of learning a new one - I'll get him to read your review and perhaps that will persuade him!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2011 09:13:23 BDT
Helpless says:
Your husband will not be disappointed with this purchase and it brings with it the bragging rights to own a real man-centric machine!

Posted on 14 May 2011 18:04:30 BDT
trisha says:
ihave just orderd this model i hope im just as pleased

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2011 12:41:40 GMT
Bessie says:
No - individual seconds is good - I use it all the time on my microwave.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (132 customer reviews)

Out of stock