16 of 42 people found the following review helpful
EA ACTIVE 2 VS WII FIT PLUS VS MY FITNESS COACH.... ** MY FITNESS COACH IS THE BEST **,
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board - White (Wii) (Video Game)I have the following wii fitness games...... ea active 2, wii fit, wii fit plus and my fitness coach. My wii fitness coach is the best game out of the 3 and these are the reasons why.
1. MOTIVATION The main and most important reason is motivation. A key component in any exercise game. If you don't enjoy it you won't do it.. simple. Wii fit and plus didn't motivate me at all. The main problem I found with wii fit and wii fit plus is you have to pick your own exercises. Which both prolongs the time you have to exercise and doesnt make your workout flow. Also not being a personal fitness trainer I have no idea which exercises I should be doing to most benefit my body type, fitness level, weight, goals etc. On wii my fitness coach you enter all your details i.e. weight, height, measurements, then she gives you a fitness test and designs your workouts around these results therefore doing the exercises that suit YOU personally. On the wii active 2 there are also long gaps between each exercise which double the time of your workout and again don't make it flow. There are no gaps between exercises on My fitness coach which reduces the overall time of your workout by about half. At the beginning of each workout on my fitness coach she asks how you are feeling. If you pick "you're lucky I'm here" she says more things to motivate you through your workout.
2. MUSIC The music on Wii active 2 is awful. I find better music motivates you more. My fitness coach has a great selection of music to exercise to.
3. DIFFICULTY If you find the exercises too dificult or easy on my fitness coach you can pause the game to tell her and she alters them to make them easier or more challenging. She also asks you at the end of each workout session if you found it too easy or couldnt keep up and alters it again to suit what you answer. Many times on wii active 2 I have had to stop because the exercise she asks me to do is just too hard for my level. There is no way to alter this other than to skip the exercise.
4. GRAPHS The graphs on my fitness coach are useful i.e. weight, calories burned etc from week to week. On wii active 2 9 week program you fill in a survey every day and it shows graphs on how many glasses of water you have drunk and how many portions of fruit/vegetables you have eaten. Connecting online shows more detailed graphs. I don't see the point of these graphs at all. Just because I look at a graph showing me I've not eaten much fruit in a week doesnt motivate me at all to eat more!!
3. THE PRICE Wii fit plus is about [...] with the balance board, Wii Ea active 2 is [...]and Wii my fitness coach at present is [...]. BIG difference.
4. FUN FACTOR I found wii fit and wii fit plus boring and most of the games are taylored to children. Again the main problem was I had to pick my own exercises. Wii fit active 2 started out ok but after 2 weeks of the 9 week programm I was TOTALLY bored of it. Basketball, football, mountain biking and skateboarding all centre around squatting. I'm fed up of squatting! HATED the long gaps between exercises which basically double your workout time. Yes, I burnt a lot of calories but I didnt want to do it at all after 2 weeks so what's the point. I found the workouts very boring. My fitness coach is fun and I always look forward to it. I have used this game for over 6 months and I still look forward to it.
The ONLY negative I can find in my fitness coach compared to the others is unlike the other 2 it doesnt have sensors that pick up your actions so it won't tell you if your doing the exercises wrong or wait for you when you havent completed an exercise. For the cheap price you wouldnt expect this anyway. However, each exercise has a tutorial. Also EA active 2 has a heart rate monitor which is very useful. However you can use your own with my wii fitness coach i.e. heart rate monitor, gym ball, hand weights, step, which is a brilliant addition. The difference in cost of the games means you wont be out of pocket buying these.
Can't recommend wii my fitness coach any more highly, cheap, fun, fluid and taylors itself totally to your personal fitness level and goals. Sold the other games on [...].
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Jan 2011 15:13:18 GMT
Wolf from Gladiators says:
Wow. This possibly gets my vote for worst Amazon review I've read yet. Totally clueless. Seeing as the balance board is the bulk of the package here (people buying this are probably buying it mainly for the board), you should be concentrating on that. Instead, you spent the entire review knocking Wii Fit Plus, and talking about something completely unrelated to this package.
In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2011 16:13:59 GMT
O. M. Anta says:
You have the right to criticize the post and you might be even right, but that doesn't mean you can insult people just because.
Posted on 1 Apr 2011 18:55:13 BDT
Debbie King says:
Wow what a negative person!
In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2011 23:21:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Apr 2011 23:22:08 BDT
C. Willimont says:
wowwww. u seem like you really know what you are talking about..practically everything you have said has been rubbish!! you moaned about burning calories too fast!! :/ you moaned about the coach and then in next sentence you praised them!! which is it??? you moaned about the music :/..who cares about the music..put a CD on or something!! but then at end you recommend it highly!! make ya mind up woman!!! my god who gave this person a keyboard and an internet connection???
In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2011 21:16:09 BDT
A. Chowdhury says:
when the person is reccomending she is not actually reccomending wii fit but something called my fitness coach
i.e wii fit music awful My fitness coach has great selection of music.
I would suggest you reread the comment
In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2011 23:39:10 BDT
Mark Twain says:
The review was fine. I doubt that most people are buying this mainly for the board. I'm certainly not. This review, comparing the main fitness software for the wii was very helpful to me and just what i was looking for.
Posted on 11 Aug 2011 19:31:30 BDT
Mr. J. J. Brett says:
This seems to be a review of My Fitness Coach rather than the Balance Board itself. Has the reviewer had a mad moment or has Amazon gone awry?
In reply to an earlier post on 14 Feb 2012 15:12:11 GMT
No, Mr Brett. Judging by the rest of her reviews, giving 1 star to everything she's laid her hands on, seems she's a misery guts all the time. People would take her more seriously if, occasionally she said she liked something. Very bigoted review.
Posted on 24 Sep 2012 10:56:20 BDT
Jammy Caketin says:
I was browsing through the reviews to see what people disliked about this package, only to come across this 'review'. I understand that you may not like Wii Fit Plus, and that's absolutely fine, but then tell us why you DON'T like it. I don't care why you like the other product (if I wanted to know that, I would be looking at the reviews on that product's page), I want to know what you dislike about THIS one. So far, it looks like you don't like it because it isn't Wii My Fitness Coach...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›