5.0 out of 5 stars It's working - although not as fast as I'd like....but, 28 May 2013
This review is from: The Fast Metabolism Diet: Lose Up to 20 Pounds in 28 Days: Eat More Food & Lose More Weight (Kindle Edition)
Aug 24th

I wrote the review below back in May. After four weeks I had lost 9LBS (in spite of 1or 2 weekly cheats).The thing I am most delighted about is that since then I have not regained that weight. For 8 of those weeks I was between jobs therefore eating out regulary and having treats. This has been amazing. I eat sensibly most of the time but have still have wine, coffee, cheese, chocolate. Bacon sarnies etc and am still 9 lbs down.

I am about to embark on anorher 4 weeks to lose my last 7lbs. Will add an update in a month or so but am very happy I found this book. One thing I have noticed is that when I do eat 'rubbish' now I really dont enjoy it so my relationship with food has seriously changed.

**********

28 May

Day 3 of week 3 and I've lost 6 lbs. I was hoping for double this but I suppose I only had max 1 stone to lose so a quick fix wasn't going to happen. I've had a few blips - occasional decaf tea and coffee with skimmed milk when REALLY struggling.

To be honest I'm disappointed that I don't feel better in myself after reading the other reviews. Yes I've lost my bloat and my waist is more defined but I'm exhausted and quite faint most of the time and tend to fall asleep after my evening meal - crash!

I make my own spelt bread - which is lovely - and such a pleasure with almond butter on day 5. I made Haylie's Chilli over the weekend and it is gorgeous. I would make that whether on a diet or not. I get through days 3 and 4 by making stew/soup as something warm is more satisfying than meat and salad.

I find days 1 and 2 hard until lunchtime then I'm fine. I suffer from low blood sugar so the lack of protein with breakfast makes me hungry and irritable. After being on low carb diets forever though the fruit is lovely.

The positive is that this is that this the first weight I've managed to lose in 10 years. I lost 1.5 stones 10 years ago on Suzanne Somers. It gradually crept back and no matter what I have done I have not shifted any weight since. So 6 lb is a bonus as I was sceptical. When I think back 10 years I lost around 5 lb in the first week and then nothing for the next 3 weeks or so then the weight did drop off so I think (hope) the same may happen here.

I think for me this has to be a longer term fix and I do worry what will happen if I stop. My diet is pretty healthy anyway in that I haven't eaten processed food for 10 years and always try and eat lots of protein and veg. I do struggle to eat 5 times on days 5, 6 and 7 so I think maybe I don't eat enough? I'm definitely sticking it out for the next week and a half as it would be fatal to stop now.

You have to be organised and cook and freeze meals otherwise you'll give up in the first week. Also the tips to give up caffeine for a week before starting the plan were well received.

[[ASIN:0091948177 The Fast Metabolism Diet: Lose Up to 20 Pounds in 28 Days: Eat More Food & Lose More Weight: Unleash Your Body's Natural Fat-Burning Power and Lose 20lbs in 4 Weeks

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]