5.0 out of 5 stars amazing game stuff the ps4 and xbox one, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
i have had so much of all this rubbish that little kiddies spout on about that the ps4 and Xbox one are the greatest and the wii u is a waste of space, etc etc etc yawns yawns..............the ps4 and Xbox one are pcs in a box and if you want to play games like call of duty 2000 and fifa 400 till your 90 years old then by all means go ahead. i have been gaming for 30 years since the zx81 in 1979. Nintendo has always got things right with its software. gaming is about having fun for gods sake!!!! no one makes games like Nintendo, no one. you see that's the difference between a console that plays original,well designed games and a console that keeps playing mass market crap all the time.
and to all those developers that have ruined today's games like: tomb raider 2013,resident evil 6,ridge racer unbounded,toca,hitman and many others i say to you this. you have destroyed the gaming industry!!! games aren't games anymore!!! games died in 2005 completely. the last great games on the ps1 and ps2 like resident evil 1,2,3,tomb raider 1,2,3,4,5 and all the brilliant original games, became stagnated arcade rubbish on the 360 and ps3. NINTENDO HOWEVER HAVE REMAINED STRONG TO THERE WORD ON ORIGINAL,FUN AND BRILLIANTLY DESIGNED GAMES FOR LIFE.
in 2014 its so dam well nice to see games produced as they should be made.amazing game 5 stars and a joy to behold.

graphics 10/10 brilliant visuals that sets the donkey kong world alight once again.donkey kongs fur looks amazing.
sounds 10/10 the theme tune is soooo addictive and it fits the game so well.
gameplay 10/10 fun fun fun
lifespan 10/10 pretty dam hard but never stagnates.

if you haven't got a Wii u then go and buy one!!! even if its just to play donkey Kong and Mario 3d land on.you wont be disappointed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Feb 2014 14:43:26 GMT
A. Collinson says:
my thoughts are almost identical. I'm 33 years old. owned so any different consoles. PS4 is the first playstation console I am yet to be interested in as it is simply full of FPS and similar titles that are uninspiring. Too many games over the last few years have resorted to simply being interactive movies with QTE,s replacing real action and skill. Thank god for Nintendo!!! They know games that rely on skill and more importantly fun!. I played Last of Us over Christmas on PS3 and I couldn't believe I was playing a game that has been so highly rated. It was a good title but nothing special. The story was its strongest thing going for it. BUT the gameplay wasn't that great. how the PS4 manages to sell so many based on ANOTHER call od duty and fifa is beyond comprehension. When the WII U has such amazing games available like this game, Mario 3D World, pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, zombiu, Wind Waker, Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Rayman (which is the superior version over all). Plus if you really must play call of duty. Wii U has those too. Do yourself a favour if you are on the fence on a Wii U. GET ONE NOW!!! Most people who are derogative and complaining about it haven't even tried it. You will be pleasantly surprised by it. :)

Posted on 25 Feb 2014 22:05:30 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Feb 2014 11:04:25 GMT
rscccreece says:
so agree with you - WHY? Well I was not really a console player but after years of constant FPS & really terrible pc port xbox games I have put the keyboard & mouse game play to rest. I have a huge steam account of games & ok they cost less but have no spark to get me involved anymore. family fun & this gamepad idea have re opened my eyes to gaming. hope more people buy this console & get more games in the production line for the gamepad. what a great idea!!! I still think zombie u is a fantastic game & still play it. lets have more games like that. this console is that good we have 2 in our house.

Posted on 26 Feb 2014 13:46:27 GMT
Mrs O says:
So true! The only bad things about Wii U are all the paid gamers trashing it on Twitter and blogs and so on. You'd think it was the worst designed gaming console ever made if you go by the rubbish press.

We have both an Xbox One and a Wii U. Guess which one everyone ends up playing in our house. . .Wii U. . .hands down. And you can get those COD type games on it too if you like those.

I think it's brilliant, well-designed, and making games for everyone in the family - not just teens and 20-somethings. We enjoy playing games together with family and friends. . .the Wii U is our choice for fun.

Posted on 27 Feb 2014 22:46:29 GMT
Charlie says:

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2014 18:22:35 GMT
Whilst I kind of agree with this reviewers stance I also think he's being a little harsh. OK the PS3 & 360 had plenty of unoriginal dross but they were also home to a few genuine modern classics such as Dark Souls, Portal 2, Journey, Skyrim and Ni No Kuni.

I own both a Wii U & a PS4 and I'd say my time with them is spent pretty much 50/50. I do think that the Wii U has a much better catalog of games than most people realise, but even as a long-term Nintendo devotee I can see that they've made some pretty amateur mistakes so far in the consoles lifetime. For example the launch lineup was completely inept with only ZombiU offering anything remotely new & interesting for the first few months. Plus the fact that they seem determined not to update popular franchises such as F-Zero & Metroid (and heaven forbid that I ever get a sequel to my beloved Jet Force Gemini!!!).

To me games didn't die in 2005. The biggest single threat to traditional gaming isn't the FIFA's and COD's of this world, it is the greedy world of smartphone gaming. Free To Play games with ludicrous billing prices and game mechanics geared towards forcing players to buy items in order to progress are killing the industry from the inside.

But to end on a brighter note. Buy Donkey Kong, it is fantastic.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Mar 2014 10:42:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Mar 2014 10:45:31 GMT
Richard Dale says:
At last a more balanced view. I own all three consoles Xbox one, ps4 and wii u and I've had my wii u unplugged for two months.

All consoles are pc's in boxes just Nintendo spend less developing their box and therefore have developed a pretty underwhelming piece of hardware IMO.

I agree with the original reviewers sentiment on call of duty and FIFA but there have been some great games on 360 and ps3. I thought the last of us was great and I'm also enjoying tomb raider on the ps4 and forza on Xbox one.

Just about to order this game though for my wii u. Just select the best from what all three have to offer that's what I say.

Posted on 5 Mar 2014 21:11:06 GMT
mingo says:
I started out with a ZX81 too, so I've got your back!
(Wii U is awesome - thank God it's backward compatible though - no games!!!)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2014 21:47:41 GMT
A. Vasilciu says:
I ended up canceling ps4 pre order due to games getting pushed back. Bought a wii u & never looked back im slightly over 30. Off screen play is a joy. And the eshop is great if you like snes games the gamepad is amazing for them as well.

DK must be best looking 2d platformer even better than rayman legends. Also it presents a fair degree of challenge.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 19:04:16 BDT
lowepro says:
Yer I am with on this one I've just realized titanfall is just another run and shoot game which was great fun for hours on end on the 1st modern warfare but time for a change and hopefully the wii u will fix this

Posted on 21 Jun 2014 14:07:32 BDT
Jon says:
You're wrong.

The ZX81 came out in March 1981.

I remember looking longingly at it through the shop window.

You're right about everything else though. ;)

‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (63 customer reviews)

49.99 36.65