5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch Nailed It!! (at last.....), 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: Bosch ART 35 Heavy Duty Grass Trimmer (DIY & Tools)
I am a brand loyal customer when it comes to Bosch products. I have a Bosch washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, drill etc etc, and I have the Bosch Rotak 43 Ergoflex Lawnmower, which is by far the best lawnmower I have ever owned, and I've owned a few, electric and petrol.

I have also owned a couple of Bosch grass trimmers. What the heck were they thinking? The Easytrim 23 was probably the worst excuse of a grass trimmer ever available! Fair dooze to Amazon though, they accepted it back and refunded my hard earned without question. So it was with trepidation that I ordered the new Bosch offering, the ART 35 Heavy Duty.

My previous Easytrim wouldn't have even knocked the clocks off a dandelion. This ART 35 knocks them into outer space! It kicks butt! I've owned petrol trimmers from various, shall I say, "top" companies, like Ry...... and McC...... and they were pants. Two stroke engines, stale petrol, dodgy chokes, need I go on, but I did like the power of the two stroke - umpteen kick - trimmers! This new Bosch provides just that - POWER!!! Plenty of it, but not enough to take chunks out of your path and throw hyper-speed chippings into your face and legs. And as a result of this the strim wire lasts much, much better. With my petrol ones I used to have 2.4mm wire and I'd easy get through a spool doing front and back gardens. I have not had a strimmer for nearly a year that actually strimmed anything, so my garden edges had been left to rack and ruin with three foot high coarse grass and weeds with two foot deep borders, so I was a bit concerned that NO grass trimmer would be able to cope too well.

My fears however evaporated as soon as I pulled the triggers on my new toy! She purred like a contented lion and off we went to conquer the new world that had been created in my back garden. Humming merrily to herself, she easily consumed ALL that was put in front of her! Even Genghis Khan couldn't have eradicated the huge colony of weeds as swiftly and with such ease! We were done in no time at all, with just a few bumps of the spool required as the 1.6mm wire was lasting an age compared to what my petrol ones used to get through. We even did between the cracks in my path rudely made up of slabs, where weeds had dared to show their mocking faces. Normally, this would be where a full face mask and riot gear would be required for safety when using my petrol ones, but not this time! She did a very clean job without trying to kill me in the process.

This grass trimmer is the mutts nuts, the yappers knackers, the dogs bo***x!!! I can't recommend it highly enough. And no, I don't work for Bosch, and no, I don't get out much either.....

So now I have the very best lawnmower I have EVER owned, as well as the very, very best grass trimmer I have EVER owned, and lets face it, EVER likely to own! You shouldn't be disappointed with this at all. Bosch, at last, have completely nailed how a grass trimmer should - and does - operate!

Team Rock .... Belong

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]