5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Best, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: DANNY 3 - the Changeling: 3 (The DANNY Quadrilogy) (Paperback)
This has been by far my most favourite series of books every written, the series as a whole is at the top of every list for me, although within it I have always had a favourite. The original, book 1 of DANNY, however, The Changeling has come along on the outside and won the race. It is a usurper, just as it should be.

The 3rd instalment of DANNY is better than I could ever have imagined, it is the most perfectly dark and beautiful love story I have ever read. I honestly cannot see how anyone could read this book (and the series as a whole) and not get completely enthralled in the world of the Jackson Moore's, I have never felt or cared so much for another fictional creation.

This book is perfect, I can't help but keep repeating that word because that's what it is, and it's exactly what the reader wants for the characters we've followed for so long. Almost all questions are answered, we gain such a deeper understanding of the history of the characters and of the relationships we have followed for so long.

This is not one of those books that leaves you with the feeling you have been fobbed off from learning the secrets you've been waiting for, I feel fully satisfied and the twists are well worth the years of guessing and pondering that came before them, real meaty twists I never saw coming, they were so enjoyable to read.

One of the best things about this book for me is that I do not feel like I have been cheated out of being witness to the most important parts of these characters lives. I believe a lot of books shy away from showing you the full story, letting you behind the front door into the harsh and uncomfortable lives of the characters for the fear that you won't still love them, this book lets you in. It say this is me, the real me, no niceties included, all the excuses fall away and the truth of the characters face you down and ask 'well do you love me now?' I for one most certainly do, more than ever.

Personally though for me, as an unconditional romantic, the love story in this book made my heart swell and bleed in turn, out of my chest, it did more than I could have ever asked for (and I am demanding in pursuit for love in literature). For me this book bore down on the Wuthering from a great Height, it strangled the Eyre out of Jane and Iago is on his knees praying to a new God (his name is Ian, see him and know that he is good). The love in DANNY was always perfect in my head, and now it will remain so forever in print thanks to The Changeling, I couldn't have dreamt for anything better.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]