5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected Find, 2 May 2012
This review is from: MEElectronics Sport-Fi M6 Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphones with Memory Wire (Clear) (Electronics)
I had recently gone through several headphones, in as many weeks, all promising more than they delivered, so I expected this pair to be no different. I was wrong.

This review is based on the fact that I am female with average sized ears. I use them for power walking and jogging. I also sweat a lot. They are used almost every day - heavy use.

Visual
They look and feel of good quality and are well made. The cord is robust and the ends for connection are rigid, a necessity for an active wearer.

Fit
They come with several in-ear fittings. I was able to find a set that are a perfect fit for me. This is important as they fit like earplugs and form a seal, so too big and it is uncomfortable, but too small and no seal is formed.
When well fitted, it blocks out sound like a pair of earplugs (NRR 20-25 DB), that is when no music is playing. However, because they fit like earplugs, if you speak or sing you get that horrible internal sound of your voice - stick your fingers in your ear and speak to see what I mean.

To put them in takes a little getting used to as you have to hold the ear piece in your ear and then rotate forward until it sits in the ear like a hearing aid with the wire facing up and forward. The wire is memory, so can be shaped to hang of the earlobe for added stability. It took me about a week of doing it every day to get used to it. Now I can do it in no time at all and it STAYS PUT!

(Note - vigorous movement of the head makes it seem loose, but wearing a skull or baseball cap or sweatband fixes this minor irritation and the headphones never actually came out).

Comfort
I wear glasses, so the wire sits on the arms. However, I have not had any ear pain, like I normally would with this type of ear hanging sports headphone.
I also have none of the transmission of sound through the wiring when it rubs on my clothing.

Sound Quality
When I first got them, I did feel the sound was not as loud as my old pair, but it was not a problem. Now that I have had them a few weeks and they are 'burnt in' (I think that is the term), the sound is much better. In fact, the bass is quite brilliant.
Another noteworthy feature is that the difference between track volumes is no longer noticeable. I used to have to constantly adjust volume between tracks; some were too loud others too low.

I will admit that as the headphones are in ear, the volume may initially seem lower than the outer ear variety, which I was used to. However, that close to my eardrums, I do not want anything too loud or capable of loud bursts as this could prove painful.

Overall, I am very happy and I considering another pair as backup, because it is incredibly difficult to find a sports pair that work. Of course should they breakdown before their one year guarantee, I will report back.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]