ARRAY(0xaa7d1ab0)

5.0 out of 5 stars ''Don't Like it...wanna Red one''!, 8 Aug 2010
Well, OK, I don't 'like' it...I LOVE it, (but I still wanted a Red one)!
It's almost hard to believe that it's a whopping 640 Gigabytes on this little Hard DisK Drive (HDD).
Easily backed up my whole PC onto it.. and then some!

It came with a lot of Software you may or may not need (or, as some would call it 'Bloatware'); some trial security product McAfee or Norton, (can't recall which), which I junked straight away as my PC is already adequately protected (as should yours be, too, I might add), and another product that helped you to do a scheduled back-up from the PC to this little portable HDD.I tried it initially, but it took so long that I reckoned I could have just 'dragged and dropped' the whole lot myself at lot more quickly. I would read the other reviews on here first before you first plug the HDD into your PC for the first time, as they give some good advice about that, (namely that the back-up program isn't that good, and probably best to delete it first before running it, if you know how).

I've had no problems other than that, though one tiny concern is that the plastic case covering the HDD flexes ever so slightly on one point near the USB slot on mine, though it might not on yours. Either way, it doesn't seem to affect it even if I press it down during operation, so I'm not overly concerned about it really.

I've used the HDD a few times now, and at all times I've had it running for well over an hour.
Not only was it pretty quiet - certainly so compared to the HDD running in my Desktop PC - but also, it remained cool to the touch throughout; as yet, I haven't tried resting it on something like carpet (for instance) to see if it does - though the phrase 'If it ain't broke then don't fix it', springs to mind, so I doubt I ever will.

As others have stated, the USB lead supplied IS very small, and I'd recommend replacing it with something longer, (though perhaps laptop owners needn't be too concerned here, only if you have a Desktop PC could this cause a little trouble, depending on where your USB socket is).

It's certainly 'pocket-able', (and pretty light, too), however if you buy (separately) a hard case cover - I purchased a CaseLogic one - then perhaps this won't fit easily in your pocket once it's enclosed, though naturally, this would depend on how big your pockets are!!

All-in-all, not bad value for what is and does.

Oh yeah, and it's got a nice design too - mine's the Black & White version - though it would be nice if you had a choice over what colour AND disk size you could order during purchase...otherwise, I'd have got the RED one!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]