3.0 out of 5 stars X Fit Wireless - Gym use, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Sonixx X-Fit Wireless Earphones Bluetooth Headphones / Headset with Microphone - 3 Year Warranty (Electronics)
Positives!

Looks - They look great, similar in size and shape to the Jaybirds range of bluetooth earphones. If you are worried about the size of the earpieces, don't be. After a few days of wear you get used to how they look.

Staying capability - The earpeices are light, a lot lighter than expected. I have only used the earpieces with the in ear hooks and they have not fallen out once. I tested these during explosive workouts that involved jump squats, burpees and sprints.

Negatives!

Build Quality - They feel extremely cheap to me and that they would break easy enough. There are little rattles from inside one of the earpeices, the plastic feels cheap and coupling that with how light they are it really doesn't seem like the team Sonixx have blown the budget on materials. The buttons too do not have a firm feeling when pressed and they also seem to rattle when the headset is moved. But these are minor gripes, they could have been doing this purposely to make the headset lighter.

Comfort - For the first 30 - 45 mins they feel like nothing in the ear, then after that they get uncomfortable. I use the small in ear hook and you can definitely feel it there.

Sound - I think I expected too much of these earpieces, seeing as they are Bluetooth. They lack a lot of bass, and everything else, mids and highs are just alright. The clarity is okay but you don't get that thumping bass you do from wired headsets which is definitely a negative for me.

Sound Leakage - This is the worst problem by a mile. The sound leakage is ridiculous at 60% volume and up. I got a friend to wear them and turn it up loud and i could hear clearly what song was playing from about 10 metres away. Having said that, this was done in a quiet house, i have not repeated this test in my noisy gym.

Range - Bluetooth range is not 10 metres, in my experience it averages about 5. Saying that, the furthest the headset would get from my phone would be on the floor when im on the pull up bar, so it is fine for gym use, and even better if your device is in your pocket.

Overall!

Price - Roughly about lower to middle end of this market of bluetooth headsets in terms of price. You pay for the bluetooth capabilities, not necessarily sound quality with these. The price I would say is a little high, although fair. I remain reserved on the fact of longevity of the headset, as I said they do feel cheap and I hope they will not break. I have only been using them for a week.

If anyone on here is looking to find a pair of headphones for gym/lifting/crossfit and similar activities, then I do recommend these headphones as an upgrade from a wired set. I own already the Sonixx X - Touch wireless headphones and I must say they are absolutely top class, beats wireless do not even come close, so needless to say I was expecting a lot from these.

They didnt deliver perfectly when it comes to sound, but in terms of staying in your ears they are perfect. As far as I am concerned these are a pair of earphones made to assist your fitness goals and they do that. Music gives me that extra percent I need during a workout, and these provide that - tangle free.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]