29 of 34 people found the following review helpful
Attractive but not functional as a toy for young children,
= Durability: = Fun: = Educational:
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pattern Blocks and Boards (Toy)
1. Light but strong wooden blocks and boards . Very durable.
2. Visually very appealing - Bright & attractive colours, interesting & varied patterns
3. Unusual (at least to me!) for a preschooler. Welcome respite from Peppa Pig and plasticky toys.
1. Design flaw: Blocks do not "stick" on the underlying pattern board. It should have been either magnetic or there should have been ridges on the board to keep the blocks in place. The board is absolutely flat and smooth and the blocks slide about as my preschooler attempts to put the pattern together. As a result, very frustrating to play with and she loses interest in minutes. I've resorted to sticking pieces of blutack on the pattern board!
2. No lid! Surely it's not so difficult to design a sliding lid for the wooden box. I wouldn't have minded paying a quid more for a box with lid. I really don't understand why so many of the Melissa and Doug toys don't have a lid (I have the Abby & Emma dressup set too)
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Apr 2013 17:24:18 BDT
Beetroot queen says:
It's one of my main gripes with Melissa and doug. I have emailed them so many times. The big jig bits have slide on Perspex lids which work a treat. I agree completely with your review.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›