5.0 out of 5 stars So far it's good., 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Fiskars Kitchen & Food Scissors, 18cm (Kitchen & Home)
I've used this for around 2 weeks now, I think that it's worth the price. The blade has a weird sort of curved design that I'm not really sure if it's a feature to cut bones or something, but it works like a normal scissor.

I found the handle soft and nice to grip, it feels very comfortable. I'm a male with medium sized hands and the scissors fit nicely around my fingers, I think that for a person with very large hands it would be more complicated to handle this, but this is true for probably all kitchen scissors on the market right now.

The sharpness of the blade is excellent, I found my previous cheap scissor to struggle with parchment paper but this one cuts it effortlessly. I can start cutting and then just sort of glide it forward without moving the blades and it will cut like a knife, that's how sharp it is. I tried to cut herbs too (rosemary, thyme) and it does the job nicely. I haven't tried to cut chicken breast into strips but I am sure that it will tackle the job as the blade material is very strong and actually thick.

This is not your cheap scissor from the pound store, but I guess that you figured that when you saw the price. In this case, you really get what you pay for, so in other words you're paying more but you're getting quality in return. I would repeat this purchase, and I intend to update the review in case the scissor develops a fault in the future. So far, I would recommend it.

Update: This was purchased in February, it's now May and I've used this a lot for several different things. I used it quite a bit during the Easter period and it cut through turkey bones effortlessly. The scissor is still very sharp. I think that the only thing this would not be able to cut is glass, ceramic, stone or metal, because all the kitchen stuff I threw at it was handled really well. Just one piece of advice: the blade is SHARP. Be very careful when you are washing them, because you can really cut yourself easily. This is the best kitchen scissor I used and I wouldn't try any other brand because now I know that this one offers quality.

[Add comment]