1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Informative but Frustrating,
This review is from: Real World Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop CS2 (Paperback)
- This book contains as much information as you're probably ever likely need to know about image sharpening.
- Bruce describes a logical and practical workflow for applying sharpening to images from a number of different sources.
- The techniques I've used so far deliver results.
- Narrative is endlessly repetitive and full of waffle.
- The main points in the book could be summarised in half as many pages.
- The organisation of the chapters has you continually flicking back and forth.
- The choice and size of fonts make it difficult to know what is a main/sub-heading.
- The images are uninspiring, and in some cases odd.
- The case studies chapter at the back goes through some real-life examples of work completed, but there is no rationale given on why the chosen settings were made.
Bottom line, very informative book, but not very accessible.