5.0 out of 5 stars Quality jigsaw but I had 3 pieces left over!!, 25 Jun 2010
This review is from: Oceanic Wonders 3000 Piece Puzzle (Toy)
I bought this jigsaw as going through chemo at the moment and don't have the energy to do anything more adventurous. Thankfully my dining room table was just big enough for it. I started off with dinner plates and side plates of pieces but progressed to trays and baking trays as there were just so many!!

I previously bought the Tenby 500-piece jigsaw which I did in 2 days so thought there wasn't much point in buying a 1000-piece one so went for the 3000-piece jigsaw. We love snorkelling in the Maldives and this was the closest I was going to get to it this year!

I was determined to beat the previous reviewers' times of 4 weeks and 6 weeks and managed it in 3 weeks 1 day. What threw me initialy was that I thought I was short of an outside piece but it turned out that two outside pieces were duplicated and also a part of a surgeonfish was also duplicated so I had three pieces left over! Has anyone else had pieces leftover before when doing a jigsaw? I haven't. I was just so relieved there were none missing!

It is a really beautiful jigsaw and good value for money. I was tempted to try the Seychelles one next but it costs a lot more so will probably give it a miss.

To sum up, this is an excellent jigsaw, the pieces are lovely to handle and fit very snugly so that it's obvious if you put in a wrong piece. The bits I found the hardest were all the shades of grey for the dolphins and shark and all the blue fish-filled sea. I sorted the pieces into colours and then further sorted them into shapes and at times it was a case of trial and error but I got there in the end and got a great sense of satisfaction from doing it. Shame I've got to now take it apart so we can use the table again!

[Add comment]