5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Gadget Award Of My Life Goes to: Bose SoundLink Wireless Speaker, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II - Matte Finish/Dark Grey Nylon Cover (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
Well well well I can't believe it took me so long to write a review on this very Bose Speaker. I purchased it on 1st July 2012 from Amazon and after nearly owning for 2 years I am finally ready to share my thoughts with any potential buyers. Buy this product only if you meet any of the following needs

1. Portability i.e you want a device small enough to take any where you feel like e.g to a party,holiday,to work or even in your car for a ride lol

2. No compromise on sound quality i.e punchy bass with crystal clear sound

3. Wireless connectivity i.e via Bluetooth to any Bluetooth capable devices including mobile phones,laptops,computers or cars to name a few

Now let's discuss these three points in detail.

1. Portability :

This speaker is very portable indeed. It's weighs in at approximately 1.5 Kg & is a size of an average book. You can easily lift it in one hand & take it where ever you feel like. Fits inside your shoulder bag or rucksack rather easily along with other items. Portability to me is one of the two main reasons I love this device so very much. It goes with me to my dinning table at breakfast time,sometimes to work ( cuz of the nature of work I have lol ),to my holidays & so many more places. There are better & powerful speakers then this one but they are bigger & heavier to be carrying around & this is where the Bose SoundLink beats the rest of the bunch.

2. Sound Quality :

The sound on this speaker is awesome. Bass is punchy & the treble is cool ( obviously depending upon the quality of files you have ). It gets even better once you start playing proper 1080P video on your mobile,laptop or tablet. I watch films off my Nexus 7 all the time & this speaker makes the experience so much better. It's like you can create a mini cinema effect wherever you feel like. Even on high volumes there is no distortion which is great & makes you appreciate Bose engineering. My double bedroom even gets filled up with immersive sound once I start playing music from my LG G2 or Moto G even though I have a 1000 Watt Sony Home theatre lying in the very same room but it's just the ease of use & brilliant satisfying sound coming out from this mini monster which just makes you feel nice. Performance is awesome & I can't honestly say anymore. You have to buy it to feel it. Simple!!!!

3. Wireless Connectivity:

This is second of my favourite things on this speaker. You can wirelessly connect to any device over a Bluetooth connection. Most devices these days come with Bluetooth capability anyway. The range of the connection is up to 10 meters & I have tested it many times & it works flawlessly. I can listen to music in the kitchen even from my room upstairs on the first floor. Most people will be happy with that kinda range. The speaker also has a 3.5 mm jack in case you feel like using it & your device is not Bluetooth capable. I even tried it in a car ( Vauxhall Insignia ) which had Bluetooth in it & works like a charm. My Asus laptop has also been tested , as it's got Bluetooth in it , & the speaker passed the test with flying colours.

Battery life is pretty decent as well. On full blast it won't give you more then 4 to 5 hours ( most people wont as the bloody thing is too loud ). On average & relatively low volumes it can last you 8 to 9 hours may be 10 if it's lower then usual. All in all I am extremely happy with my Bose SoundLink 2 & for that reason I have , after careful consideration ,awarded this speaker as the " GADGET OF MY LIFE " so far. I am a gadget freak & have bought 100's in the last few years including laptops,TVs,smartphones,tablets & so much more & this speaker is right now at the top of my all time gadgets list. Enough said !!!! :-)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Feb 2014 02:05:14 GMT
Hello
Is it possible to change the battery ( when it will be out of use) ?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2014 13:05:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Feb 2014 13:09:32 GMT
Caramba
Yes the battery is user replaceable . Once you undo the screws for the nylon/leather cover the battery will be exposed located at the bottom of the speaker. Two more screws hold the battery and once you take them off the battery comes out. Battery is 1700 mAh and can be bought at an authorized Bose Dealer. I would advise not to buy third party batteries from places like eBay as it might damage the speaker. The good thing is that so far I didn't have the need to replace the battery even though I use the speaker almost everyday. Speaker and the battery are strong & build to last.Hope I have answered the question to your satisfaction. Please feel free to ask anymore if you may have. Good luck -:)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2014 00:45:41 GMT
caramba says:
Many thanks for your prompt and precise answer .
I think I will buy this speaker instead of Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker because in the Mini the battery is not replaceable (see my comment and the answer of SB in his review "Stunning" about the Bose Mini on 1 feb 2014) .
Another question if you have time to answer : I think that even the Bose Mobile Speaker II is not stereo : is it annoying or not that this quite very expensive speaker is not stereo or is it not important at all ?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2014 02:42:34 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2014 02:43:39 GMT
Caramba
Yes you are right. This speaker is not a Stereo Speaker but that hardly makes a difference. It has four tweeters & two bass radiators . I can go into further technical details but I won't as it might confuse you a bit. In short the tweeters produce enough response for a nice pleasant treble & bass radiators produce stunning bass specially when the speaker is placed on a wooden shelf or close to a wall. Of course it also depends on the kind of audio or video file you are playing as well but using cable will yield better results as compared to the Bluetooth wireless connection ( once again hardly noticeable to an average consumer ). All in all vocals have excellent clarity & the sound delivered is big & thumping. It's not annoying at all for it not to be a stereo speaker & the speaker will be very impressive from the very moment you switch it on. I haven't named it " Gadget Of My Life " for no reason knowing that i have owned 100's of brilliant gadgets in my life time so far. Hope that helps & good luck once again if you end up buying the speaker.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2014 12:21:16 GMT
Caramba
Just to let you know that there is a new Bose SoundLink 3 Bluetooth speaker recently released as well. Visit Bose website to find out. Even though it's early for me to find much about it but from the first impressions I can see it has a slimmer profile & even longer battery life. I just thought I should let you know. Cheers

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2014 01:19:58 GMT
caramba says:
Thank you very much for all that explanations !

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2014 01:34:06 GMT
caramba says:
Thank you very much again for this piece of nieuws . What a coincidence ! . Maybe I will wait a bit and examine if it is interesting and if I can afford it ...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

J. Choudhry
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Location: London