1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Several annoying problems,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Acer Liquid Metal Sim Free Smartphone - Brown (Electronics)
Overall it's not bad but there are some annoying problems:
- the touch keyboard is hard to use because keys are small and the screen is convex, so very often I don't hit the key I thought I was hitting. I compared with other phones and it's clear that it's much harder to type with this one
- I can't figure out how to switch the auto-completion language without changing the keyboard layout at the same time. I use both French and English on a daily basis and I don't want to change my keyboard layout every time I write a message in a different language
- Similarly, phone numbers format is bound to the language of the phone, so if I set the phone to English, all my French phone numbers get formatted in a weird way
- I can't figure out how to copy contact info across the SIM card, the phone and my google account
- I can't figure out how to set the homescreen background to simply be black
- Internal memory is *very* limited. A lot of interesting apps can't be installed on the SD Card so the number of apps I can install is very limited. I keep getting warnings about insufficient storage space and I can't install updates for some apps. It's frustrating because the phone comes with a bunch of default apps that can't be uninstalled and that I don't use. A lot of that precious internal storage space is wasted.
- There's no internal help and no manual shipped with the phone, you have to go and look for a PDF manual on the web, and it's not very helpful either.