5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
SSD, cloning is easy and new SSD is sooo much faster,
This review is from: SanDisk SDSSDP-256G-G25 256GB SATA 6GB/s 2.5 Inch Internal SSD (Accessory)
this was the cheapest around , the SSD is awesome, updated by daughters macbook pro early 2011.It had a 500gb hard drive and replaced with this 256gb, keep pictures and music on external drive now.
You will really not need to buy a new laptop, update the SSD yourself, new memory and it breathes new life.
1. attach the SSD to a dock, e.g. Max Value MVF00390 Hard Drive Docking Station
2.Go on MAC disc utility, look at the dock with then new SSD inserted, partition with "one partition" and in mac format
3. then download super duper, make sure you have the upto date programme form the proper web site,
[...] is where you find it, 2.7.1
4. this programme ask you the source and accepting or new disc
5. do the "mirroring" of the internal drive on your laptop with the external drive on the dock so you produce a copy, make sure the data quantity doesn't exceed the new disc capacity
6. let duper duper do the rest. Dont forget this is free, a small donation is helpful, this programme is awesome.
7. when its finished go on "start up" and select the new SSD on the dock,
8. restart and check the new SSD boots up ok
9. follow the OWC web site instructions and change the old HDD of for the new SSD, [...]
11. speed ++++++
I have basic hardware skills and it took 3 hours, most of which is the duplication of the disc, the rest is easy.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Sep 2013 23:19:08 BDT
I bought SuperDuper too, well worth a license. The developer is very responsive and helpful.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›