4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
Good... almost great,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
Overall Pokémon Y is a very good game so lets start with the positives
* The graphics have had a major leap with series transition to 3D the art in the game is simply beautiful.
* You can choose your skin tone change your clothes and even going as far to having your hair cut.
* The Pokémon's movement when battling has improved drastically they react differently when performing moves and even when they faint.
* The Super Training mode is fabulous this allows you to improve your Pokémon's base stats without levelling up
* The online features such as the player search system have received noticeable upgrades which allow you to search for players to battle or to trade Pokémon with ease.
Now for the negatives (which are very few)
* Team Flare in my opinion are by far the weakest villains of all the Pokémon games.
* The Story is so weak you could argue there isn't a story. ok I know we don't play Pokémon games for the story, but it would have been nice to have a more elaborate plot even previous games have a better story than X and Y.
* The trainer A.I. you can literally play your way through game defeating every trainer, gym leader, team flare, elite four with ease even with the Exp share turned off.