1.0 out of 5 stars Not bright at all - dissapointing, 7 Aug. 2012
This review is from: SuperLED GU10 27 SMD 5.5 Watt Warm Dimmable Bulb (Kitchen & Home)
I previously tried two other similar brands to these, both were noticeably brighter. These bulbs have a stated output of 460 lumens but interestingly, they are not as bright as the 400 lumen bulbs of a similar construction that I bought last year. As brightness can be subjective, I decided to check each brand with a photography light-meter. These bulbs register 15% less under identical conditions. These are of course the dimmable type, but I checked them using an on/off switched circuit. On a dimmer at full brightness the output is the same as on a switched circuit. With regard to the colour, these bulbs are a little on the blueish side in my opinion and create a kind of watery greyish light.

There are no problems using these on a dimmer designed for LEDs, and they dim very smoothly going down to about 20 per cent. There seem to be very few wide-angle GU10 dimmable LEDs out there but these are not the ones to choose in my opinion. If you are determined to replace your tungsten bulbs with these then you are definitely going to have to be prepared to double the number of fittings to get an acceptable lighting level or wait until something better comes along.

Overall I wouldn't recommend them.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Jan 2013 10:33:05 GMT
Yet another fake review from a competitor, never actually bought the product, it is a pity Amazon cannot crack down on these

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2013 09:40:43 GMT
Jon Clayton says:
I don't know whether this is a fake post or a bad experience, but I'd agree it doesn't align with my experience that these are of a similar brightness to halogen bulbs.

Posted on 12 Feb 2013 16:52:57 GMT
Just replaced one of five downlights in my kitchen with one of these and I have to say I'm very pleased. Colour is only a little cooler than the remaining 50W halogen bulbs and the brightness looks very similar. The wide angle means there is actually less of a hot spot directly beneath the fitting and so this could be perceived as lower brightness but the uniformity across the wider angle makes up for this and I think that when I replace the remaining bulbs with more of hese the whole area will be less patchy - not that I had really paid much attention to this until before fitting the LED. Overall, very pleased and will be ordering more.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2013 23:41:34 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Mar 2013 23:47:38 GMT
Fiddler says:
Sorry to tell you, Sourcing UK, my review of 7 August 2012, is not a fake review, and I was careful not to mention any details of the competitors light bulbs that I was referring to. If Amazon is going to crack down on anything it should be suppliers such as you trying to deflect unfavourable reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2013 09:38:42 BDT
Please provide your order number and we will happily confirm that you are a genuine purchaser, we strongly suspect that we will not receive this information......
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.1 out of 5 stars (61 customer reviews)

Reviewer