18 of 19 people found the following review helpful
Dremel, not entirely indispensible, but it does make life easier,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dremel 4000 Rotary Tool Kit (4000-1/45) (DIY & Tools)
This is my second dremel, and third small power tool. Using this tool I have been able to;
* drill tiny holes to let me bind my husband's thesis
* sand leather for lacunose inlays,
* cut slots in boards to reattach them to the text block
* drill boards for coptic sewing
* remove fencing wire which wrapped itself around the blades of my ride on mower.
* Allow my husband to remove corrosion from the frame of his motorbike
* Roughly sharpen some hand tools
So, for me it's a bindery tool, there's nothing I couldn't do in another way but it is quicker and easier to use my dremel. BUT there is a caveat. Dremel Multi Chuck
Get a multi - sized chuck, if you want ease of use, all that tedious mucking about with the tiny collets to make individual attachments fit well is very boring. The chuck solves all that quickly and easily.