5.0 out of 5 stars Apologies; I've not read the book, but the only other reviewer is a troll, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: All That Is Solid: How the Great Housing Disaster Defines Our Times, and What We Can Do About It (Kindle Edition)
Apologies in advance; as I say, I've not read the book, but feel that it's unfair to allow it to have a 2-star rating based on one idiot trying to be clever (and failing).

Looks quite interesting, and I'm a bit of a leftie, so I ought to enjoy it. I'll remove this review when I see more honest reviews for the book, or the idiotic review giving 2 stars is removed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Mar 2014 13:40:34 GMT
I totally agree with you. Let's hope the powers that be come to their senses at some point and bring in strict rent controls.
Buy to let landlords had it too good for too long at the expense of many people who have to put up with extortionate rent increases and little hope of ever owning a home they can call their own.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Mar 2014 17:01:37 GMT
Sinnerman says:
Yeah, I could probably buy to rent, but I feel that I oughtn't feather my nest at the cost of the younger generation. We're less socially mobile than 30 years ago, which is terrible. The government (especially this particular one) want a society where an elite own everything, and the rest scrape along at the bottom; what a sad state of affairs.

Posted on 5 Mar 2014 14:49:23 GMT
I'm sorry, but your review is just as ridiculous as Mr Hoot's. Why are you giving a book you've not read 5 stars!?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2014 15:16:09 GMT
You should be (sorry). You don't bother reading:

"but feel that it's unfair to allow it to have a 2-star rating based on one idiot trying to be clever (and failing)."

So, question answered - that's why I'm giving it 5 stars.

Posted on 6 Mar 2014 13:46:49 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Mar 2014 13:53:04 GMT
mick b says:
i entirely agree the 2* idiot could be a tory MP.
we do have a housing problem in this country and it was caused by thatcher when she was PM ..we do not need a system that jumps up and very raely down at the whim of the markets.....

just imagine going to your local buying your pint..than after a sip the landlord come over and sys i must charge you another 1% and for every sip you take it will cost you at least 1%....that how mortgages work.
when you buy a home at the agreed price thats how much it should cost...markets should have nothing to do with it apart from the starting price.
i also must reply to the overated 2* idiot that the problem with social housing is all down to thatcher and the right to buy policy.....could i just for a moment think if we built more social homes ...that would stablize the private sector and thats what most people want..

mick

Posted on 8 Mar 2014 10:42:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Mar 2014 11:07:25 GMT
GL says:
Well, I am a bit of a rightie, and the review you are complaining about looks like it might be a spoofie from another leftie.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2014 11:13:07 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 8 Mar 2014 11:13:38 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2014 11:18:48 GMT
GL says:
"You should be (sorry). You don't bother reading:

So, question answered - that's why I'm giving it 5 stars."

You mean that's why you felt rigging the vote was fairer than adding a comment.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Mar 2014 17:41:38 GMT
Sinnerman says:
Yeah, I agree actually, but still a stupid and pointless review.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2014 21:39:24 BDT
Doobs says:
The 2* review was an obvious spoof, which probably would have been much funnier if what he said wasn't quite so accurate a depiction of many buy-to-let landlords. When I consider that over half my income is spent buying my landlord a house (in addition to a "negligible" margin which goes towards supposed maintenance costs) while I am not considered worthy of borrowing money to pay less for my own property, something is very wrong. It's a massive con to make money for landowners and banks, not particularly surprising considering who wields the power in the UK.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›