5.0 out of 5 stars Not the best value around and what about the time limit!, 17 Jun. 2010
This review is from: BRITA Maxtra Water Filter Cartridges - 4 Pack (Kitchen & Home)
I've used these for years and am pretty sure that you can get a pack of 4 cheaper in most supermarkets, during offers, particularly when you take postage into account.

I love the filters, but I wish, as with other filter types, that somebody had come up with an alternative and cheaper version which could be used in place of the brand name "maxtra," because, for those of us on a low income these are very expensive and it's possible to get cheaper versions of the standard type filters.

Also, I'm not sure about the 4 week time limit.

As a single person, I'm pretty sure I must use substantially less water than a "typical" family of 4, so I'm wondering why there is no suggestion of being able to extend use for another 2 weeks, which I have to admit to doing when times are hard!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Dec 2010 22:46:49 GMT
I use the fillters for 8 weeks, and they are fine. I usually use and fill the jugs (2) at least twice a day! Have never noticed the difference in taste towards the end, so they may even do longer than that!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2010 23:23:24 GMT
Wildheart says:
Hi. I have to admit, I've switched to a Tesco Filter jug..the "universal," cartridges that come with this retail at £2.50, or so..much better value IMO, ok, you have to go through the "rigmarole," of immersing it in water for 20 minutes before using it, but, for me, that's a small price to pay for something which works out at about half the price of a Maxtra.
And, I still go over the time limit! :O)
And, whenever I get a Clubcard voucher, I use it to buy a few cartridges, giving me months of great quality water!

Posted on 29 Dec 2010 22:23:43 GMT
MacAvity says:
I've been using my MAXTRA filter in a Morphy Richards kettle since 18th August 2010. It is now 29th December 2010 and am using the same filter. The tea/coffee still tastes great. No chlorine taste at all. I live in a soft water area where sand filtering was replaced some years ago by chlorine. Hence the need for MAXTRA filters.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2011 17:02:51 GMT
I word of caution, although i believe it is the quantity and quality that counts rather than just the time limit alone, it is a fact that if you prolong the replacement excessively like this you are likely to get polution.It is far worse than if you had not used one at all. The bacteria when congested beyond it's capacity within the carbon filter will dump it back into the water when full so you are then ingesting it and this is not a safe situation.

Posted on 27 Apr 2011 17:06:22 BDT
SAP says:
"particularly when you take postage into account."

Um, Amazon don't actually charge anything for postage.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (3,538 customer reviews)
 (2,836)